Sweetbay Restaurant in Leonardtown

mitzi

I will admit that it sure seems like it and that I am a little nervous about it - hand to God though, I had to cancel a doctors appointment next week because I can't get a fill in.

I wish I could help. With this vertigo, I'm pretty useless now.

mitzi

When (not if when) I get a chance to break free for hen's night out I will come pick you up and bring you back. I don't drink when I know I'm driving, so you'll be free of worrying about that okay?

That would be nice, thank you. I'd hate to plan on coming and it's one of those days I don't think I should drive. I have good days and bad days, but sometimes it hits me like a ton of bricks out of nowhere. Okay, enough of my whining.

Blister

Bad sign already? The wife and I ate there Monday Dec. 30th. Website at that time says they are open 4-10. Got there at 4:10 and the hostess made a big deal about seating us without a reservation, said that they were heavily booked, but we were seated after a slight delay. The meal was decent, with somewhat slow service. New restaurant, understandable. Left about 5:45 and the restaurant was not nearly half full.

Last Thursday after she told coworkers about her pleasant experience and they all made plans to go last night. Tried to make a phone reservation repeatedly on the # on their website 240-309-4148. It goes straight to a message that the voice mailbox is full. Move forward with an online reservation for Jan. 6th for 8 at 4:30. The online reservation goes through "Open Table" .com. Attached is the confirmation email. Also got a text confirming the reservation.
Last night her party of 8 showed up and the restaurant is dark and closed. Last Sunday their website showed hours 7 days a week. No one answers the advertised phone#. Online reservation taken and confirmed repeatedly. So our contact information is correct. Now the website says that they are closed on Monday.

Hope they get their act together.

Get excited, your reservation is tomorrow.​
Still going to make it?​
Table for 8 on Monday, January 6, 2020 at 4:30 pm​
Name:​
Confirmation #: 518​
[/TD]

22680 Washington St
Leonardtown, MD 20650-3882​
(240) 309-4148​

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Bad sign already? The wife and I ate there Monday Dec. 30th. Website at that time says they are open 4-10. Got there at 4:10 and the hostess made a big deal about seating us without a reservation, said that they were heavily booked, but we were seated after a slight delay. The meal was decent, with somewhat slow service. New restaurant, understandable. Left about 5:45 and the restaurant was not nearly half full.

Last Thursday after she told coworkers about her pleasant experience and they all made plans to go last night. Tried to make a phone reservation repeatedly on the # on their website 240-309-4148. It goes straight to a message that the voice mailbox is full. Move forward with an online reservation for Jan. 6th for 8 at 4:30. The online reservation goes through "Open Table" .com. Attached is the confirmation email. Also got a text confirming the reservation.
Last night her party of 8 showed up and the restaurant is dark and closed. Last Sunday their website showed hours 7 days a week. No one answers the advertised phone#. Online reservation taken and confirmed repeatedly. So our contact information is correct. Now the website says that they are closed on Monday.

Hope they get their act together.
How disappointing for her and her group. They are still working through the kinks and growing pains of opening a new restaurant.

I don't remember what their open days and hours are when I booked on Open Table last Friday. But I did go back and verify it does now say they are closed on Mondays, nor will it let you enter a booking for a Monday.

Hope she gives them another shot and it works out this time!

glhs837

Power with Control
Wife and I went Sat night. 430 reservation, seated promptly, split the crab chowder. wife thout it could be a bit thicker, I was fine with it, taste was great. Huge chucks of crab in it. Entrees were great, wife would have preferred her crabcakes without the sauce, but said they were still good. My scallops were great. Only downside was the noise level. Seems like every new place has to learn that sound attenuation matters.

tipsymcgee

Seems to me every brand new or newly remodeled restaurant that is not a chain or higher end, the "in" thing is this open concept with lots of noise, open kitchen somewhat, open bar, kind of a big social experience over private.

Dukesdad

We went last night. Had the crab soup and we loved it. I had the paella and the wife had crabcakes... Both were very good. It was noisy but enjoyable. Our server, Tavia was pleasant and attentive. I'm sure we'll go back