Tacky women

If you looked absolutely tacky, would you want someone to tell you?

• Yes! Who wants to look tacky?

Votes: 28 59.6%
  • No! It's none of their damn business what I look like.

Votes: 19 40.4%

• Total voters

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
kwillia said:
Do you ever watch the "What not to Wear" shows? It's a lot of fun watching the transformations.
Nope can't say that I do. What channel and when?

I'm addicted to MTV's 'My Super Sweet 16'...:lmao: Some, no, make that ALL of these chicks are hysterical! :lol:

Pandora

elaine said:
I say keep your mouth shut. Just think how good you look standing next to her.

:lol:

I wouldn't say a word because you two are not chummy friends, just casual friends. She might not realize your intensions really are in her best interest and you just might come across as an uppity know-it-all to her.

BUT, if you were chummy friends with her, saw her on a regular basis; I would say by all means say something.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Chasey_Lane said:

I'm addicted to MTV's 'My Super Sweet 16'...:lmao: Some, no, make that ALL of these chicks are hysterical! :lol:

:faint: You, Nic and I would put Stacey and Clinton out of business. What Not to Wear is one of my favorite shows. TLC, Friday nights. It's cause I have no life anymore. :lmao:

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
kwillia said:
I think it's pretty dayum imposing of you to assume she needs to be "rescued"...:lol: She may be tacky and hideous to you, but she may very well be the queen of someone's life who loves her just the way she is and she may be very happy with herself.
I agree with Crabcake that if someone is oblivious to something that is obviously "not right" then it would be appropriate to let them know something is out of order. However, I don't see anything positive being accomplished by busting on someone's sense of style just because it doesn't appeal to you.

:yeahthat:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
pixiegirl said:
:faint: You, Nic and I would put Stacey and Clinton out of business. What Not to Wear is one of my favorite shows. TLC, Friday nights. It's cause I have no life anymore. :lmao:
I'd love to go on that show.

Nominate me, why don't 'cha?

Pandora

BadGirl said:

You have to dye your hair some stupid color and start dressing tacky. :shrug: Otherwise, you are not giving them much to work with.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
BadGirl said:

I want to nominate my mom because she tries really hard to be stylish but just misses the mark and really doesn't know how to dress for her body. I'm affraid I'll hurt her feeling though. :ohwell: And you guys thought I was meam all the time. :razz: She is however getting a tummy tuck and a breast reduction (the irony hu?) so I'm hoping it'll help her with her wardrobe issues.

$hit for $5k I'd dress horrid for a couple weeks while my people took the secret footage and I'd gladly hand over my wardrobe and go to NY and go shopping! I would however be VERY scared to let Nick touch my hair. While it's usually a drastic improvement over what he began with I usually don't care for what he does. I love me some Camendy. Love, love, love. I'd kidnap Stacey and make her mine. :lmao:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
pixiegirl said:
I used to watch that show all the time, but it got to the point where I was watching the same episodes over and over, so I switched to HGTV. :lol: The thought has crossed my mind though, to start dressing weird so I can go to NYC and spend $5k on clothes! :banana:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
pixiegirl said:
$hit for $5k I'd dress horrid for a couple weeks while my people took the secret footage and I'd gladly hand over my wardrobe and go to NY and go shopping!
OMG I didn't see this before I posted mine. :killingme

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
And back on topic, I say keep your mouth shut, unless she's a good friend. I'm anything but a fashion victim, but if some random acquaintance doesn't like my jacket, hair, fingernail polish, whatever, I really couldn't care less. If I looked jacked up, I would expect a good friend to say something. And remember, for every fashion victim out there, we fashionable ones are raised to fashionista status. Let her keep on keepin on. :yay:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
So my question is:

If you did your hair/makeup in a way that made you look completely heinous, would you want someone to point it out? Or would you be offended because obviously you like this look or you wouldn't be wearing it?
:howdy: Yes, please!

TIA,

Your Pal,
VV

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
virgovictoria said:
Yes, please!
Stop that :smack: You are very beautiful and you know it. :huggy:

This woman is very attractive as well - or she used to be before she started self-mutilating. Thick dark hair, dark eyes, olive complexion, little tiny size 4 butt. Now she looks like a grotesque clown.

As a recovering cosmetologist, it pains me to see any woman not looking her best - especially when the problem is so easily fixed. :ohwell:

CMC122

Go Braves!
Chasey_Lane said:

I want to strangle those girls and smack their parents:yay:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
Stop that :smack: You are very beautiful and you know it. :huggy:

This woman is very attractive as well - or she used to be before she started self-mutilating. Thick dark hair, dark eyes, olive complexion, little tiny size 4 butt. Now she looks like a grotesque clown.

As a recovering cosmetologist, it pains me to see any woman not looking her best - especially when the problem is so easily fixed. :ohwell:
I'm just saying that I would want to know... I was answering your question honestly.