Take a moment and go hug and hold your babies....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Folks, let's don't start fights in a thread about a dead little girl. Talk about inappropriate.

It's so scary being a parent. And it doesn't get any less scary as they get older. Take the missing college student who was last seen at a concert this past weekend. She left the venue and they wouldn't let her back in so she phoned her friends inside and told them she was going to head back home. Her purse and phone were found in the venue parking lot. She hasn't been seen since. :frown:

Pandora

Does anyone else find it odd that so many of these cases the past few months are coming out of Florida. This is the 3rd one correct?

Florida has always had a high amount of sex offense cases toward children and a high amount of registered sex offenders. The community is very upset about all that (so it isn't unnoticed) and last night, they were looking for people to gang up and address the governor about the issue.

What I found odd in my reading was this little 7 year old girl had a fight with her siblings, ran ahead, and when her siblings got home (15-20 minutes later, or longer), boyfriend sent THEM out to look for her. It was over an hour later before the police were notified. The boyfriend is also some kind of Indigo healer and his picture was immediately removed from the Internet before the discovery of a body was found. Unless the boyfriend is paralyzed, there is just simply no excuse why he would send children out to search for the missing girl without going with them. 80% of all female child dealths are committed by one who knew the victim. Also, this landfill where the body was found was where this home's trash would have been taken.

There was one 'sex offender' on her way home but he was classified as an offender where the victim was 12-15 years old and criminal records (retraining order) made me believe it was a crime of opportunity (meaning the victim lived with him). A few miles away is a preditor sex offender, no age description in the registry on the victim. There is something like 40 (or close to that) registered sex offenders in the town..

I'm not so quick to pin this on a sex offender in the area, just YET because I find the boyfriend's behavior suspect.

And last year, I saw a registered sex offender staring at a young girl, maybe 16-17 years old, that was beyond normal. He looked to be in a trance as he watched her go into that store, buy her items and walk back to her car. Then I watched this girl REACH IN HER PURSE for her keys.... Please please please... make your children aware of simple behaviors they can do to keep themselves from becoming the next Amber Alert.

Last edited:

lovinmaryland

Florida has always had a high amount of sex offense cases toward children and a high amount of registered sex offenders. The community is very upset about all that (so it isn't unnoticed) and last night, they were looking for people to gang up and address the governor about the issue.

What I found odd in my reading was this little 7 year old girl had a fight with her siblings, ran ahead, and when her siblings got home (15-20 minutes later, or longer), boyfriend sent THEM out to look for her
. It was over an hour later before the police were notified. The boyfriend is also some kind of Indigo healer and his picture was immediately removed from the Internet before the discovery of a body was found. Unless the boyfriend is paralyzed, there is just simply no excuse why he would send children out to search for the missing girl without going with them. 80% of all female child dealths are committed by one who knew the victim. Also, this landfill where the body was found was where this home's trash would have been taken.

There was one 'sex offender' on her way home but he was classified as an offender where the victim was 12-15 years old and criminal records (retraining order) made me believe it was a crime of opportunity (meaning the victim lived with him). A few miles away is a preditor sex offender, no age description in the registry on the victim. There is something like 40 (or close to that) registered sex offenders in the town..

I'm not so quick to pin this on a sex offender in the area, just YET because I find the boyfriend's behavior suspect.

And last year, I saw a registered sex offender staring at a young girl, maybe 16-17 years old, that was beyond normal. He looked to be in a trance as he watched her go into that store, buy her items and walk back to her car. Then I watched this girl REACH IN HER PURSE for her keys.... Please please please... make your children aware of simple behaviors they can do to keep themselves from becoming the next Amber Alert.
I dont find that behavior too odd. I often send my boys out to get their brothers.:shrug:

littlegirl

Reiki Practitioner
Sad

Having grown up in that very area, this really saddens me. My thoughts and prayers to Somer's family. Kudos to Jax Memory Gardens for offerrring to handle any funeral arrangements. God rest her soul and Satan have no mercy on the killer(s).Clay County needs to go back to its roots and take care of this killer amongst themselves.

bohman

Her keys were in her purse? I'm confused. I thought lots of women carried keys in their purse... :confused:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Her keys were in her purse? I'm confused. I thought lots of women carried keys in their purse... :confused:

Safety. Carry them in hand when in the parking lot in order to defend yourself or get into your car quicker if need be.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Also, this landfill where the body was found was where this home's trash would have been taken.
Wouldn't the whole neighborhood's trash be taken to that landfill?
Then I watched this girl REACH IN HER PURSE for her keys.... Please please please... make your children aware of simple behaviors they can do to keep themselves from becoming the next Amber Alert.
I don't get it. :lol:

bohman

Safety. Carry them in hand when in the parking lot in order to defend yourself or get into your car quicker if need be.

Ah, I get it. Not that they shouldn't go in the purse, but she should have dug them out of the purse before hitting the parking lot.

TurboK9

Does anyone else find it odd that so many of these cases the past few months are coming out of Florida. This is the 3rd one correct?

I read somewhere that there were something like 35 registered sex offenders in about a 3 miles radius of their home.

When we lived in Florida, I kept constant tabs of the sex offender data for my area... we had 5 within a couple miles and I was uncomfortable letting my kids play outside without my eyes constantly on the lookout. Florida is a 'transient' state, so many people come and go that it's hard to keep track of who lives where and is doing what... SO my guess is, that makes it prime ground for all sorts of scumbags. It's a beautiful place to live, but comes with a scary price.

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
I lived there and my sister still does. She said domestic garbage pickup is on Monday, so we were thinking commercial pickup?

Pandora

Wouldn't the whole neighborhood's trash be taken to that landfill?

Right... the point I was trying to make in my rushed post was that trucking the trash from that area to Georgia was the norm.

I don't get it. :lol:

Others explained it... it is just so important not to make yourself a target digging in your purse for stuff (like your keys) in a parking lot. Have your keys in your hand before you leave any store.

There was a list of safety tips posted a while back... maybe later I will find them (unless somebody beats me to it).

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Right... the point I was trying to make in my rushed post was that trucking the trash from that area to Georgia was the norm.

Others explained it... it is just so important not to make yourself a target digging in your purse for stuff (like your keys) in a parking lot. Have your keys in your hand before you leave any store.

There was a list of safety tips posted a while back... maybe later I will find them (unless somebody beats me to it).
I see that now. :lol: I was having a brain fart and thought the watching of her taking her keys out was somehow controversial. :lol:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I read somewhere that there were something like 35 registered sex offenders in about a 3 miles radius of their home.

When we lived in Florida, I kept constant tabs of the sex offender data for my area... we had 5 within a couple miles and I was uncomfortable letting my kids play outside without my eyes constantly on the lookout. Florida is a 'transient' state, so many people come and go that it's hard to keep track of who lives where and is doing what... SO my guess is, that makes it prime ground for all sorts of scumbags. It's a beautiful place to live, but comes with a scary price.

There were a lot in that area. I lived on the edge of Orange Park - near Docter's Inlet. I guess it's because like you said - a very transient area. And a good deal of that county is still very rural. There is definitely an urban sprawl feel closer to Jacksonville, but on the Middleburg side heading (west) towards Rt. 301 - very rural.

Pandora

I am reading some of the chat on a couple different forums about this case and there is a report that police officers have been at a home 1 block from the last intersection (reported to have been vacant) between the school and Somer's way home. At that intersection, the crossing guard stationed there said she never saw Somer pass. If that is true, she was snatched between the 2nd crossing guard's post and the 3rd's. It also sounds like there is a park directly across the street from this vacant house and ironically, it is where the police have had their command center set up for Somer. They have removed evidence out of that bathroom at the park along with items from this vacant out.

The trash company that hauled off Somer's body was a compact type truck... so who knows how much luck they will have getting evidence off her body after it was crushed in the compactor, my guess, over and over again. :ohwell:

No matter the outcome, I still think mom needs to ditch her lazy boyfriend for not getting up and searching for her when the other children came home. I mean really, they do live in Florida and child abductions with tragic endings is very common..... way too common. Every time I hear of one, I think of little Adam Walsh.... Not that 'boyfriend' getting up could have changed the outcome... it is just the thought that he didn't leave the house, waited an hour that bothers me.... like he couldn't be bothered with it all.

Last edited: