Tall Timbers Marina Fire

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Just got the call that the boats in the south row of slips are on fire. Apparently one exploded when tried to start and taking a bunch with it. Fire trucks just now arriving.

I have two boats there....neither in immediate danger if they can prevent the fire from spreading to the covered slips.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
TBMH6856[1].JPG

Grumpy

Mo smoke for the atmosphere.

Never owned a boat but been around them quite a bit and I know the first rule of boating..turn the damn blower on.

Bonehead

That's where all those cops we going as they tried to run me off the road on Indian Bridge road !!

stgislander

PREMO Member
Thank you Hollywood VFD (along with surrounding county fire companies) for putting out the fire at Tall Timbers Marina.

Last edited:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Someone forget to run the blower?
I've been thinking about that. With the huge proliferation of electronics on boats, I'm surprised there isn't a timer on the starter tied to the blower. Turn the key, blower kicks in and won't allow the starter to turn until either a specified time has elapsed, or a vapor sensor says it's ok. Not that I'm suggesting it be mandatory or anything, just surprised that level of tech isn't already in place for all inboards.

1stGenSMIB

The issue is that if the blower is really needed, you have a fuel leak that needs to be fixed. I am with Gilligan, I always poke my head in the engine compartment and sniff..on the new-to-me powerboat, that is where the battery switches are anyway, but even on my old Atomic4 powered sailboat, I sniffed the bilge before turning on the blower to check for fumes.