Tapper To Swalwell: ‘Vast Majority Of Gun-Related Deaths’ Are Not From Semi-Automatic Rifles

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
TAPPER: So, gun control is the central plank in your campaign. You wrote last year: "We should ban possession of military-style semiautomatic assault weapons. We should buy back such weapons from all who choose to abide by the law. And we should criminally prosecute any who choose to defy it by keeping their weapons."​
Criminal prosecution for keeping assault weapons. What's the punishment for people who don't hand in their guns? Do they go to jail?​
SWALWELL: Well, Jake, they would, but I also offer an alternative, which would be to keep them at a hunting club or a shooting range.​
And the reason I have proposed this is because these weapons are so devastating. I have seen this as a prosecutor in the cases that I have prosecuted. We have seen these in the school shootings, from Sandy Hook to Parkland...​
But it's not just the violence that they have caused. It's the fear, the immeasurable fear, that our children live in, because they are still on our streets. I want to get rid of that fear. I want to do what Australia did and New Zealand just recently did. I think this issue just needs some bold leadership to do it.​

Tapper then noted that the majority of shooting deaths do not involve semi-automatic rifles.

TAPPER: I know you know this, but the vast majority of gun-related deaths in this country are not related to these semiautomatic assault weapons — whatever you want to call them — and the vast majority of gun owners are law-abiding citizens who have purchased these weapons legally and use them safely​
One of the most frequent attacks on this issue from President Trump and the Republicans is that Democrats want to take away your guns. But isn't it fair to say you actually do want to take away people's guns?​
SWALWELL: You know, keep your pistols, keep your long rifles, keep your shotguns. I want the most dangerous weapons, these weapons of war, out of the hands of the most dangerous people.​

For context, 5.3 times as many people (8,109) are murdered in the United States with "knives or cutting instruments" than with rifles, and 2.3 times as many people (3,574) are murdered in the United States with "hands, fists, [and] feet" than with rifles, according to FBI data.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/45952/jake-tapper-dem-rep-eric-swalwell-vast-majority-frank-camp

Sounds like Salmon / Sapidus

BernieP

Resident PIA
We have become a country of deaf ears, nobody wants the facts, they only want data they can use to support their position.
It's only getting worse, the new breed of leftists are even more aggressvie. Given a liberal court, they would write laws that would step all over the bill of righhts.