Target Practice

somdshootnet

$20.00 will get you a full year of service at Myrtle Grove in La Plata, come on up, target shoot, shoot some clays with us, make a day of it. There are a lot of guys who come from down your way to Myrtle Grove all the time and I have talked to lots of guys who come from twice as far as Sandgates to use the range. When your options are limited, you make the best of what there is. see at the range soon.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
I could ask my parents for ya my father is a avid gun collecter and has about 23+ ac
they live over in mechanicsvilles ill post if i the ok he let lets the amish people and paintball kids out there shouldnt be a problem

bulldog

You could try getting a membership at Sanners Lake Sportsman Club. Also get on Maryland Shooters and ask around there.

:gossip: I think that when he said this: "I do not want to visit the target range near Great Mills road. I won't elaborate on that here because I am a gentleman. Please do not comment on that here in my thread". he probably meant Sanners Lake. :whistle:...which is what I was going to recommend since I'm a member...and like it.

mus

Could you come across as a bigger prick? I wouldn't want your dumbass on my land.

Hello,

I don't post here very often. I mostly just read.

Currently I am living in the Sandgates area.

I am asking if someone can help me out to find a place to do some target practice and sight in a few guns. I'm a responsible gun owner and I need to find something that's easy to get to that's not going to cost me a half tank of gas and 2 hours on the road.

I do not want to visit the target range near Great Mills road. I won't elaborate on that here because I am a gentleman. Please do not comment on that here in my thread.

Please do not post to say that you don't know of anything.

Please do not post to comment on local laws as I already know them.

Please do not post to tell me of a "friend" who owns some land somewhere because that friend should contact me in person. I'm not going to call strangers on the phone without permission.

I've already spoken with Maryland Forestry Service

Please do not post with political or 2nd Amendment comments regardless of your good intentions

Lets keep this thread short and neat, okay?

If you know of some public land that is the legal distance from residential structures to shoot at, please write me and let me know at chestr@bestmail.us.

If you own some land and you'll let me, my wife, and my son come have a clean, safe, fun time practicing with some targets then please email me at chestr@bestmail.us or call (301) 769-3986. I promise I will be safe and leave your land cleaner than when we showed up. I will also respect any rules you set for entry onto your land.

I would consider PAYING YOU (if the price is right) for access to your land.

As a side note, I do not own any crazy calibers like .50 BMG or .454 Casull. I'm just a man trying to get in a little safe fun target practice.

It's downright depressing trying to enjoy my 2nd Amendment rights in Maryland.

Thank you!

frogman123

Could you come across as a bigger prick? I wouldn't want your dumbass on my land.

Prick? No, it sounds like he just wanted a quick answer from the people who could give him an answer. Just because he doesn't post like a normal thread does not make him a prick lol. he even said that he rarely posts- don't get your panties in a bunch buddy, especially with all of the other "prick" comments on this site...

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
I just walk in the woods behind my house to shoot. I don't know who ownes them but I have never had any problems shooting there.

Chestr

Mus - That was downright hateful for your to say. I was only looking for a short and sweet answer and didn't want my thread hijacked (like it always ends up being).

I'm very sorry I came across as a prick. I promise it was not my intention. I very much would like you to apologize or delete your post for me and for others who had to read your post.

Please don't elaborate and start a flame war. I already tried to clear things up - for YOU - even though you were hateful and full of contempt. Be a man.

afjess1989 - Thank you. I appreciate if you would. Have them contact me via phone or the email provided in my post. I'm hoping it's close to the Mechanicsville area, yes?

somdshootnet - Yes I will try Myrtle Grove for sure. Thanks. Maybe we'll meet someday.

bkjguy - Hey! If you are who I think you are, I'm trying to give you a courtesy call back right now as we speak to thank you! If you don't hear from me, call me again.

pushrod - Thanks very much for the link to Maryland Shooters. I didn't know they existed. I am on the site now and will see what I can find. Thank you.

Thanks for the answers guys. I'm going to keep looking and see what my options are. Wonderful! Thank you so much! Wish me luck.

somdshootnet

Certainly good luck to you in your search for a shooting ground. I will also agree that Southern Maryland is the worst place to find a good public shooting range, since there's all of about... one.

JULZ

BFJ
Hello,

I don't post here very often. I mostly just read.

Currently I am living in the Sandgates area.

I am asking if someone can help me out to find a place to do some target practice and sight in a few guns. I'm a responsible gun owner and I need to find something that's easy to get to that's not going to cost me a half tank of gas and 2 hours on the road.

I do not want to visit the target range near Great Mills road. I won't elaborate on that here because I am a gentleman. Please do not comment on that here in my thread.

Please do not post to say that you don't know of anything.

Please do not post to comment on local laws as I already know them.

Please do not post to tell me of a "friend" who owns some land somewhere because that friend should contact me in person. I'm not going to call strangers on the phone without permission.

I've already spoken with Maryland Forestry Service

Please do not post with political or 2nd Amendment comments regardless of your good intentions

Lets keep this thread short and neat, okay?

If you know of some public land that is the legal distance from residential structures to shoot at, please write me and let me know at chestr@bestmail.us.

If you own some land and you'll let me, my wife, and my son come have a clean, safe, fun time practicing with some targets then please email me at chestr@bestmail.us or call (301) 769-3986. I promise I will be safe and leave your land cleaner than when we showed up. I will also respect any rules you set for entry onto your land.

I would consider PAYING YOU (if the price is right) for access to your land.

As a side note, I do not own any crazy calibers like .50 BMG or .454 Casull. I'm just a man trying to get in a little safe fun target practice.

It's downright depressing trying to enjoy my 2nd Amendment rights in Maryland.

Thank you!

My ex is in charles county, you could use him as target practice.

edinsomd

:gossip: I think that when he said this: "I do not want to visit the target range near Great Mills road. I won't elaborate on that here because I am a gentleman. Please do not comment on that here in my thread". he probably meant Sanners Lake. :whistle:...which is what I was going to recommend since I'm a member...and like it.

:buddies:

One can't just "visit" SL without a sponsor anway. Having been to what passes for a public range here, I like that a lot!

somdshootnet

:buddies:

One can't just "visit" SL without a sponsor anway. Having been to what passes for a public range here, I like that a lot!

So, can anyone detail us more on the actual inner workings of sanner's lake?
It appears to me to be a closed door group of knowing who you know in order to even make use of the place. I may wrong, but, I was turned off by SCSC for this reason. I don't like going to a place and feeling like an outsider, so, that's why I am not big on the idea of paying high membership fees and then having to play the "volunteer" game with people. I have been to... and the over all feeling was, "did you pay your membership dues before you come in the door". I'd pay my dues gladly, but, to be snubbed by some many people because I appeared as an outsider, well, screw it, screw you, go broke for all I care, I'll go somewhere else, where I don't have to been in the clubs inside social clique to be here.

It's always been my experience that most people willing to join clubs like these are turned off by the way the clubs present themselves to the public. But since Sanner's Lake and St. Charles Sportsmen's Club always come up in the local discussions, only because they are the only local clubs for discussion, let's find out what goes on behind them closed doors. I personally want to hear reasons why anyone should join either of these clubs.

blacklabman

So, can anyone detail us more on the actual inner workings of sanner's lake?
It appears to me to be a closed door group of knowing who you know in order to even make use of the place. I may wrong, but, I was turned off by SCSC for this reason. I don't like going to a place and feeling like an outsider, so, that's why I am not big on the idea of paying high membership fees and then having to play the "volunteer" game with people. I have been to... and the over all feeling was, "did you pay your membership dues before you come in the door". I'd pay my dues gladly, but, to be snubbed by some many people because I appeared as an outsider, well, screw it, screw you, go broke for all I care, I'll go somewhere else, where I don't have to been in the clubs inside social clique to be here.

It's always been my experience that most people willing to join clubs like these are turned off by the way the clubs present themselves to the public. But since Sanner's Lake and St. Charles Sportsmen's Club always come up in the local discussions, only because they are the only local clubs for discussion, let's find out what goes on behind them closed doors. I personally want to hear reasons why anyone should join either of these clubs.

With an attitude like your's, we wouldn't want you as a member anyway. You probably couldn't find two sponsors for Sanner's Lake.