Target Practice

somdshootnet

With an attitude like your's, we wouldn't want you as a member anyway. You probably couldn't find two sponsors for Sanner's Lake.

With all due respect, Sanner's Lake and SCSC gave me the attitude I have towards them, as well as many other guys I know have received the same treatment. I personally would not consider even joining either of them after the experiences I've had with them in the past. However, these are my personal experiences and opinions of the past, I'm not here to debate why I should not become a member, but, why should anyone become a member. Thus, your reply is a perfect "attitude" example of why I chose not to join in the first place. So far, even from the past years, no one can ever supply a non-member with positive reason to join these clubs.

Pushrod

Patriot
With all due respect, Sanner's Lake and SCSC gave me the attitude I have towards them, as well as many other guys I know have received the same treatment. I personally would not consider even joining either of them after the experiences I've had with them in the past. However, these are my personal experiences and opinions of the past, I'm not here to debate why I should not become a member, but, why should anyone become a member. Thus, your reply is a perfect "attitude" example of why I chose not to join in the first place. So far, even from the past years, no one can ever supply a non-member with positive reason to join these clubs.

I don't know where you get this idea of an elite snobby group that belongs to Sanners. I have been a member for years and I have only had positive experiences with the other members.
You ask why someone would join these clubs? To have a local place to shoot that doesn't cost you an arm and a leg, and to be among other like minded individuals.

bulldog

I don't know where you get this idea of an elite snobby group that belongs to Sanners. I have been a member for years and I have only had positive experiences with the other members.
You ask why someone would join these clubs? To have a local place to shoot that doesn't cost you an arm and a leg, and to be among other like minded individuals.

:yeahthat:

I joined Sanners Lake without knowing much about it...or anyone who was an "active" member. I did get two friends who were members to sponsor me and show me the lay out of the facility, etc., as required by the membership application. However, after receiving my membership, the first time I went to use the facility I was by myself and received nothing but very warm, helping welcomes from every other member I came across. When I attended my first IDPA match, I went in not knowing a single thing about how they worked, but found that the others there shooting were very helpful, patient and willing to help me through the qualification process. NEVER have I ran into anyone with an attitude like has been described.
Sanners Lake Rocks.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I joined Sanners Lake without knowing much about it...or anyone who was an "active" member. I did get two friends who were members to sponsor me and show me the lay out of the facility, etc., as required by the membership application. However, after receiving my membership, the first time I went to use the facility I was by myself and received nothing but very warm, helping welcomes from every other member I came across. When I attended my first IDPA match, I went in not knowing a single thing about how they worked, but found that the others there shooting were very helpful, patient and willing to help me through the qualification process. NEVER have I ran into anyone with an attitude like has been described.
Sanners Lake Rocks.

I also went to S/L once for an IDPA event they held, as a newbie novice; not knowing a thing about anything. They were most helpful; even when I committed a 'no-no' that I'm not gonna mention. I just got a slap on the wrist and a 'don't do that again.' (No, I didn't hurt anybody).

edinsomd

Three year member at SL here. I always have a good, safe time, meet friendly folks and never see any "attitude". But it seems he's found "attitude" at both SL and SCSC....hmmmmm. I see a trend here.

Last edited:

Inkd

I've been a member at Sanners for probably close to three years now. I didn't know anyone when I went, I showed up at an IDPA match, watched for a little bit then got my gear and shot. Everyone was more than helpful and patient with helpin' out the NOOB. I helped out at a couple more events, filled out my application and was lucky enough to get picked up as a member. There are probably several hundred members at Sanners, if you went once or twice and had bad experiences, that's too bad. If you choose to judge a club and all members as a whole based on a couple of bad experiences, well then that is just narrow minded and not very fair to the members who go out of their way to ensure we have a safe, clean and fun place to shoot. As far as why anyone should become a member, i'm not sure how to address that question. Me, I like having a local place to go where I can shoot my rifle, pistol and bow all in the same place and where I can be around folks who share the same interests as me. If let a couple bad experiences stop me from doing something I loved, i'd never leave the house.

:buddies:

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
So how would somone go about joining scanners lake if you don't know any members?

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
Why not. I would like find a nice range to shoot at. Yes I know about murtle grove. thats just a lot farther away than scanners.

Bonehead

Why not. I would like find a nice range to shoot at. Yes I know about murtle grove. thats just a lot farther away than scanners.

Just PM me your name I will take care of alerting the Board of your desire to join.

edinsomd

So how would somone go about joining scanners lake if you don't know any members?

Lots of events are open to the public. Go to the website and check the schedule- come on in and look around, ask questions and meet some members. You may be surprised that you do indeed know some after all. Just watch out for the one's with "attitides".:killingme

Sanners Lake - Home

Inkd

Im pretty sure there is an IDPA match this weekend, if there is, that is a great time to come out and mee some people and look around.

somdshootnet

I guess things have changed a bit at SL then, I see most of you who have replied are pretty new to the club within a few years. If things are a lot different then the times I had been there, which I stopped walking in the door about 6 years ago, then I am glad to hear it and I hope it stays this way. It may even be worth checking in to again, I do have several friends and family members who have been members at SL for many years, after all, both sides of my family are from St. Mary's County since the Moon was born. However, after a few visits to SL, I started to seriously dislike the atmosphere.