Tattoos, love 'em or hate 'em?

Tattoos, love 'em or hate 'em?

• no tattoos are good tattoos

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • a couple of small tattoos are OK if they can easily be covered

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • get as many as you want but please...not on the face and neck.

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • heck yeah, the more the merrier!

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters

DEEKAYPEE8569

I have a woman that welds for me that has full sleeves, back and a bunch on her legs.
Piercing that will make a gay man stare in the summer months. She is a superb welder and a great natured person to work around. She also has thicker skin than most men, she is a person that you don't play Truth or Dare with or Dare to show the new hardware that she had installed the weekend before.
Tattoos have never bothered me nor have I ever judged someone for having tattoos.
I have a few from my travels in life myself.

Edit,, and she is quite capable of paying for her car repairs herself.
1.) What was that last part??? and 2.) WTF does that have to do with looking like a carnival freak? (The picture in Post#8)

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
Okay.....other than a tat parlor or a Goth club, where would those two get a paying job?

What was that last part???

Well mister narrow between the ears,,,, It was a cut to you.
Just because some choose to have ink certainly doesn't change what there capability is to earn a good to excellent income.
I learned long ago not just from my tattooed Navy Father but also a neighbor growing up that's a Pagan 1%. Tattoos don't make the man... Both are Korean and VN combat Veterans, their tats tell stories about there lives.
I was making a statement that " she " can easily pay her bills without calling daddy's bestie to get her home, car or motorcycle repaired.
And the funniest part, if one of my employees needed a brakeline replaced, one of us would just jack it up and replace it for her in the shop parking lot. Or go to her home if the truck was there.

Edit,, and I don't believe that she would be scared to work on the brakelines, she tends to like to learn new things.

Last edited:

Bman

I love my tattoo. I've had mine for about 5 years. I got it the year after my sister died - it was in honor of her that I got it.

That is kind of a nice thing, it's just not for me I guess. That reminds me of my wife's nephew, he got a tattoo when his grandfather died. It is 2 paw prints because he called him pawpaw.

This_person

NO:
strange_and_ugly_tattoo-04.jpg

Maybe, but probably not, even though it is well done:
butterfly-tattoo-6-768x1024.jpg

Yes, this is what is appropriate:
Purple-Heart-For-My-Doe-Doe-With-The-Infinity-Sign-Through-It.-With-2-Dble-Smaller-Hearts-Under-.jpg

As with most things associated with the body, the rules for men are far different from the rules for women.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I think the tattoo thing takes away from military tattoos. Back in the day, that was a mark of bravery. Today, I think, so many people are so lost that they have to brand their body to stand out. I, actually, would like to see tattoos that can be covered (and one can have a chance at getting a real job); the ridiculous piercings of the face and lips is another story/thread. How do those people even kiss anyone anymore? Do they understand it looks hideous? Just wondering. Also, aren't tattoos physically harmful, as far as getting pricked with a needle and ink, and all?

Actually not so much..

You see tattoos on many in the military, like skulls and crossbones... Bloody Tigers.. Knives..

They are more than likely finance clerks, or cooks.

Most of the ones you think would have tattoos don't.

You ever see somebody with a Green Beret tattoo that has their Group on it.. Probably never was..

If I EVER got a tattoo it would be Marvin... or Bugs..

Don't need a "Look at me, I'm a pirate" type of tattoo.

Last edited:

DEEKAYPEE8569

Well mister narrow between the ears,,,, It was a cut to you.
Just because some choose to have ink certainly doesn't change what there capability is to earn a good to excellent income.
I learned long ago not just from my tattooed Navy Father but also a neighbor growing up that's a Pagan 1%. Tattoos don't make the man... Both are Korean and VN combat Veterans, their tats tell stories about there lives.
I was making a statement that " she " can easily pay her bills without calling daddy's bestie to get her home, car or motorcycle repaired.
And the funniest part, if one of my employees needed a brakeline replaced, one of us would just jack it up and replace it for her in the shop parking lot. Or go to her home if the truck was there.

Edit,, and I don't believe that she would be scared to work on the brakelines, she tends to like to learn new things
Change your d*mn tune will ya? When are you gonna let this go? I have.

black dog

Free America
Actually not so much..

You see tattoos on many in the military, like skulls and crossbones... Bloody Tigers.. Knives..

You ever see somebody with a Green Beret tattoo that has their Group on it.. Probably never was..

I disagree with that. Its painfully obvious that you didn't serve.

And what's a " Group " in the Armed Services?????

Some of those silly skulls crossbones, M16, parachute, paddles, scuba and on and on all have meaning to those that know.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
That is kind of a nice thing, it's just not for me I guess. That reminds me of my wife's nephew, he got a tattoo when his grandfather died. It is 2 paw prints because he called him pawpaw.

I do appreciate tattoos that have meaning.. and stories..

My sister loved the starfish, so that is what I got on my shoulder. The guy who designed it was the one who also gave me the tattoo.

Four pics to the finished design:

FB_IMG_1495124874784.jpg FB_IMG_1495124881482.jpg FB_IMG_1495124887130.jpg FB_IMG_1495124892918.jpg

Inkd

I disagree with that. Its painfully obvious that you didn't serve.

And what's a " Group " in the Armed Services?????

Some of those silly skulls crossbones, M16, parachute, paddles, scuba and on and on all have meaning to those that know.

Just out of curiosity, did you ever serve?

Because a lot of people in the military, even if they were not Army, knows what a "Group" is when talking about Green Berets, as Bob was.

There are five active duty Special Forces Groups and two National Guard Groups. Each group is assigned to a certain geographic region. 10th Group is Europe, 5th is the Middle East, 7th is South America, etc, etc.

Inkd

Actually not so much..

If I EVER got a tattoo it would be Marvin... or Bugs..

Don't need a "Look at me, I'm a pirate" type of tattoo.

Tattoos are so damn popular nowadays it's more rare to find people without them than with them. The old "traditional" military tattoos are all but gone on today's young service members. Tattoo artists nowadays are doing some mind blowing work and only getting better.

It used to be you went in to a shop, picked out a picture on the wall that the artist had a pre-cut stencil made and that was it. Lines were big and bold and color was packed in with no real shading. Those were the old school military style tattoos. Eagles, daggers, sailing ships, wings, etc, etc.

mudpuddle

Where I came from, you didn't really see that many tattoos. (I know, I'm 2 years late to join in this conversation! lol) It wasn't until I moved here, to SOMD, that I really became "aware" of tattoos. I have to say, that not all tattoos are created equal! lol I got interested in tv shows about tattooing, and enjoyed them for several years.
Once in a blue-moon, I will go to a bookstore and browse through some magazines. Some work is truly amazing!

My daughter, who had had previous tattoos, asked me one day if I would like to get a "matching" tattoo with her. I said yes!( We are strongly connected to each other, not only physically and emotionally, but most importantly- spiritually!)
I let her pick the design, and the placement of the tattoo. We ended up getting dragon flies with stars on the inside of our wrists! She found the design somewhere online. With all the love I have for her, which is the most love that is possible to have- a love between a mother and her child- getting the tattoo, somehow transcended the love I already had! I guess there are no boundaries when it comes to "love" and "love" can't be limited.

I have never regretted getting the tattoo.