Teen stabbed on Rousby Hall Rd

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Press Release for Alleged AssaultsCalvert County Sheriff's Office·Wednesday, November 16, 2016

On November 14, 2016 Calvert County Sheriff’s Office patrol personnel responded to Rousby Hall Road near the intersection of Olivet Road in Lusby for the report of a serious assault. The alleged victim was transported to a medical facility where he was evaluated and found the subject had no injuries. After extensive investigation and interviews by CCSO detectives it has been determined the incident never occurred.
A second alleged assault, reported on November 15, 2016, was also investigated and determined to be a false report. The juvenile in this case is being charged with giving a false report.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/calv...release-for-alleged-assaults/1256866207689200

BernieP

Resident PIA
Press Release for Alleged AssaultsCalvert County Sheriff's Office·Wednesday, November 16, 2016

On November 14, 2016 Calvert County Sheriff’s Office patrol personnel responded to Rousby Hall Road near the intersection of Olivet Road in Lusby for the report of a serious assault. The alleged victim was transported to a medical facility where he was evaluated and found the subject had no injuries. After extensive investigation and interviews by CCSO detectives it has been determined the incident never occurred.
A second alleged assault, reported on November 15, 2016, was also investigated and determined to be a false report. The juvenile in this case is being charged with giving a false report.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/calv...release-for-alleged-assaults/1256866207689200

I had heard this in the morning (local news) and just opened the thread.
Sorry, but I was laughing at all the posts that accepted the "rumor" as fact.

Facebook -> Twitter -> Bulletin Boards. Rumors spread fast and of course everybody has a comment. Do you all feel a little foolish finding out it was a hoax?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I had heard this in the morning (local news) and just opened the thread.
Sorry, but I was laughing at all the posts that accepted the "rumor" as fact.

Facebook -> Twitter -> Bulletin Boards. Rumors spread fast and of course everybody has a comment. Do you all feel a little foolish finding out it was a hoax?

More relieved that it was a hoax. The rumor got more and more legs to it as more people who supposedly were "in the know" would add details about the situation. Not sure if they were in on the lie too or just lied to like the rest of us.

black dog

Free America
Yes, it is, but it doesn't mean some people are not prepared. Screw the ridiculous gun laws that defy the 2nd Amendment.

I believe the penalty for carrying a handgun in Md without a permit is 30 days to 3 years plus a fine. That's a steep Misdemeanor,, plus if found guilty you will give up your 2nd Amendment Rights forever after that verdict.

GregV814

this just in at the newsblot National desk: a 747 filled with illegal alien Syrians has just landed on the white house lawn with Hillary 2020 signs!!! "I swear I seen it", said a Ranch Club woman!!!

BernieP

Resident PIA
More relieved that it was a hoax. The rumor got more and more legs to it as more people who supposedly were "in the know" would add details about the situation. Not sure if they were in on the lie too or just lied to like the rest of us.

Actually it's disturbing how a rumor gets spread and grows using social media and the internet. Anyone and their mother can claim to be "in the know" and add details.
Even after the "IT'S FALSE" was broadcast you have people posting disputing it was a hoax.

By the time LO can investigate the rumor has become fact. No telling what stupid #### people will do if the "in the know" spin up the masses with false details.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Actually it's disturbing how a rumor gets spread and grows using social media and the internet. Anyone and their mother can claim to be "in the know" and add details.
Even after the "IT'S FALSE" was broadcast you have people posting disputing it was a hoax.

By the time LO can investigate the rumor has become fact. No telling what stupid #### people will do if the "in the know" spin up the masses with false details.

Actually the people "in the know" were people I spoke to in person. Not one to believe stuff just because it was posted on the Internet. Son came home from school and asked if I had heard about the incident. That's what prompted my initial post. To see if there was any validity to it. All the info I got/posted came from in person conversations, not hear-say off the Internet.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Actually the people "in the know" were people I spoke to in person. Not one to believe stuff just because it was posted on the Internet. Son came home from school and asked if I had heard about the incident. That's what prompted my initial post. To see if there was any validity to it. All the info I got/posted came from in person conversations, not hear-say off the Internet.

No offense, but your son's evidence would be hearsay. He was not a witness, he was repeating the rumor. This is probably the last place you want to verify if a story is a rumor.
You had several options, call the school office or the sheriff.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
No offense, but your son's evidence would be hearsay. He was not a witness, he was repeating the rumor. This is probably the last place you want to verify if a story is a rumor.
You had several options, call the school office or the sheriff.

That's why he was asking. He didn't believe it happened and wondered if I had gotten an alert from the school or Sheriff's Office. I suppose I could have followed up with a more reliable source but it didn't really matter to me. Kind of like when the kid beat the crap out of his GF at school. Interesting but not worth that much of my attention because it didn't concern me.