Teen's video game wish list

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
My son has a couple, but here you go........

2005's TOP 10 ULTRA-VIOLENT VIDEO GAMES

- Resident Evil 4 – Player is a Special Forces agent sent to recover the President's kidnapped daughter. During the first minutes of play, it's possible to find the corpse of a woman pinned up on a wall — by a pitchfork through her face.

- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas – Player is a young man working with gangs to gain respect. His mission includes murder, theft, and destruction on every imaginable level. Player recovers his health by visiting prostitutes then recovers funds by beating them to death and taking their money. Player can wreak as much havoc as he likes for no reason without progressing through the game's storyline.

- God of War – Player becomes a ruthless warrior, seeking revenge against the gods who tricked him into murdering his own family. Prisoners are burned alive and player can use “finishing moves” to kill opponents – like tearing a victim in half.

- Narc – Player can choose between two narcotics agents attempting to take a dangerous drug off the streets and shut down the KRAK cartel while being subject to temptations including drugs and money. To enhance abilities, player takes drugs including pot, Quaaludes, ecstasy, LSD and “Liquid Soul” – which provides the ability to kick enemies' heads off.

- Killer 7 - Player takes control of seven assassins who must combine skills to defeat a band of suicidal, monstrous terrorists. The game eventually escalates into a global conflict between the U.S. and Japan. Player collects the blood of fallen victims to heal himself and must slit own wrists to spray blood to find hidden passages.

- The Warriors – Based on a 70's action flick that set new standards for “artistic violence,” a street gang battles its way across NYC in an attempt to reach its home turf. Player issues several commands to his gang, including "mayhem," which causes the gang to smash everything in sight.

- 50 Cent: Bulletproof – Game is loosely based on the gangster lifestyle of rapper Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson. Player engages in gangster shootouts and loots the bodies of victims to buy new 50 Cent recordings and music videos.

- Crime Life: Gang Wars – Player is the leader of a ruthless street gang, spending time fighting, recruiting new gangsters, fighting, looting, and of course, more fighting. Player can roam the streets and fight or kill anyone in sight for no apparent reason.

- Condemned: Criminal Origins - Player is an FBI serial killer hunter in one of the first titles for the Xbox 360. Game emphasizes the use of melee weapons over firearms, allowing players to use virtually any part of their environment as a weapon. The next generation graphics provide a new level of detail to various injuries, especially “finishing moves.

- True Crime: New York City - Player is a NYC cop looking for information regarding the mysterious death of a friend. Player can plant evidence on civilians and shake them down to earn extra money.

rack'm

Jaded
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas – Player is a young man working with gangs to gain respect. His mission includes murder, theft, and destruction on every imaginable level. Player recovers his health by visiting prostitutes then recovers funds by beating them to death and taking their money. Player can wreak as much havoc as he likes for no reason without progressing through the game's storyline.

Been there, done that, solved the game. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Prisoners are burned alive and player can use “finishing moves” to kill opponents – like tearing a victim in half.
Cool! :lol:

I have to say, my son grew up playing violent video games and he is perfectly fine. He and Larry would laugh at all the blood and gore and try to find the grossest way to "kill" the opponent.

I don't think it's the video game that makes people psychotic - I think they already were nutzoid and just use the game as an excuse. Normal, healthy people don't act out video games in real life.

ylexot

Super Genius
- Condemned: Criminal Origins - Player is an FBI serial killer hunter in one of the first titles for the Xbox 360. Game emphasizes the use of melee weapons over firearms, allowing players to use virtually any part of their environment as a weapon. The next generation graphics provide a new level of detail to various injuries, especially “finishing moves.
I saw a preview for this one during the Xbox 360 countdown show...looks interesting. I personally liked the snap-the-neck finishing move...just like in the movies :biggrin:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
ylexot said:
I saw a preview for this one during the Xbox 360 countdown show...looks interesting. I personally liked the snap-the-neck finishing move...just like in the movies :biggrin:
Ive got it.... its great

ylexot

Super Genius
I haven't opened my 360 yet...hoping for a price surge on eBay before Christmas :biggrin:

At the moment, I have Kameo (going to sell), Perfect Dark Zero (limited edition...may sell), Project Gotham Racing 3 (keeper), and Call of Duty 2 (keeper).

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
huh. My son hasn't asked for any of these. But then again he's pretty well immersed in World of Warcraft with occassional jaunts into Battlefront II.

All he wants now is the PSP, because he can play games and watch movies. Only $250 :faint: plus the actual games and movies.

V

Vixen

bresamil said:
huh. My son hasn't asked for any of these. But then again he's pretty well immersed in World of Warcraft with occassional jaunts into Battlefront II.

All he wants now is the PSP, because he can play games and watch movies. Only $250 :faint: plus the actual games and movies.

Does he play Warcraft online? :eyebrow:

Pete

Repete
ylexot said:
I haven't opened my 360 yet...hoping for a price surge on eBay before Christmas :biggrin:

At the moment, I have Kameo (going to sell), Perfect Dark Zero (limited edition...may sell), Project Gotham Racing 3 (keeper), and Call of Duty 2 (keeper).
I want that one. would it be good for a 9 year old with an itchy trigger finger? :really:

Pete

Repete
bresamil said:

We are 3 planets away from conquering the second galaxy.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
ylexot said:

I picked up 3 of them. My cousin bought one from me and the other we split and are sticking it on ebay.

By the way perfect dark, that game stinks, I traded it in the day after I bought it. Already beat call of duty and Gun, great games....

I had all last week off with nothing to do but play the Xbox

V

Vixen

Vixen said:

That might be a stupid question come to think of it. I am not sure if they are all meant to interact online.

I haven't been into video games since Dong Kong. :lmao:

But, I cannot say the same for my husband and my boys.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
I'm still trying to get some high speed service so I can get on Xbox live. Dang Verizon wont run DSL where I live

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Vixen said:
That freaking online Warcraft is the reason I got Verizon DSL. I wanted my phone back. :lmao:

Oh, and Pete, my boy says anytime/anyplace Battlefront showdown. :killingme

ylexot

Super Genius
Magnum said:
I'm still trying to get some high speed service so I can get on Xbox live. Dang Verizon wont run DSL where I live
Same here. Can't get cable either. DirecWay doesn't work for gaming. :bawl:

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
My reviews:

Quake 4: A bit easy but has a few challenging spots. Not real impressive otherwise (except for graphics). Its essentially Doom3 but not as creepy which loses some of the fun.

Call of Duty 2: Got it and hope to load it up this next weekend. The trailers definitely look great.

Want to check out Battlefront II next. I skipped the first, but I just need to have enough free time to get to it.

Oh yeah! XBOX 360 and game consoles suck compared to good PC quality, and PC still lets you play all your old games, too. :yay: