Teen's video game wish list

Magnum

Should be Huntin
ylexot said:
Same here. Can't get cable either. DirecWay doesn't work for gaming. :bawl:
I have not tried the cable route yet... I know it's closest tie in is about a mile or so away. I just need to move then all will be resolved

ylexot

Super Genius
FromTexas said:
Oh yeah! XBOX 360 and game consoles suck compared to good PC quality, and PC still lets you play all your old games, too. :yay:
The reason that I gave up on computers for games is that they may play the old games (which is not always the case), but they don't play the new games...as in new game comes out...time to buy a new computer that can run it. Consoles are guaranteed to work. There are no "minimum requirements" other than do you have the console? Also the PS2 plays all PS games, PS3 is supposed to play PS2 and PS games, and the Xbox 360 plays all Xbox games. There is backwards compatibility.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
A good computer can last 4-5 years if you are worried about over-replacement. Heck, it can last longer if you change out the video card after 3-4 years. The driver isn't usually the computer speed. Since 2ghz computers have come out (4-5 years), games have only begun to climb into the 1.3-1.5 ghz range at the high end. Basically, you get one solid computer, with a nice video card, and plenty of RAM, and you are good. In fact, the only real drivers to change are RAM and Video Card. The only old games you can't play are ones that usually don't matter... you can usually get them free on the internet with an emulator.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Vince said:
Partial to First Person Shooters myself. Any new ones out there for computer?

Call of Duty 2... On sale at Best Buy for $24... Normally $49. At least it was still on sale this weekend. :yay:

StarCat

Magnum said:
I'm still trying to get some high speed service so I can get on Xbox live. Dang Verizon wont run DSL where I live
Verizon will get to you, with all the new houses they are putting in over there on that road where you live, it shouldnt be long. We have it here, but the first time I tried to get it, they said we couldnt get it either.

PS- I use games like these, to work through my anger issues, and I am still a well adjusted citizen :biggrin:

snuzzy

bresamil said:
huh. My son hasn't asked for any of these. But then again he's pretty well immersed in World of Warcraft with occassional jaunts into Battlefront II.

All he wants now is the PSP, because he can play games and watch movies. Only $250 :faint: plus the actual games and movies.

My son asked for the PSP, but when I went to buy one, I was told emphatically not to because they are so fragile, there are a limited number of games that be played on it right now...If it is dropped from @ waist-high, it becomes worthless! I've since asked around, and GameStop said they have people coming in "all the time" wanting refunds because their PSP was dropped and isn't working anymore. It was suggested that a Nintendo DS is a better choice for a hand held and getting an MP3, or a DVD player along with (depending if the music play, or movie play was the attraction with the PSP...) the DS would be @ the same cost, but better technology. I'm getting the new Mario Cart racing DS, comes with a red case, the Mario game, which can be played online with multiple players. Fortune Magazine says that the DS is starting to outsell the PSP in some markets due to the NintendoDogs game (obviously not for this crowd). Good luck shopping! :howdy:

Warron

ylexot said:
The reason that I gave up on computers for games is that they may play the old games (which is not always the case), but they don't play the new games...as in new game comes out...time to buy a new computer that can run it. Consoles are guaranteed to work. There are no "minimum requirements" other than do you have the console? Also the PS2 plays all PS games, PS3 is supposed to play PS2 and PS games, and the Xbox 360 plays all Xbox games. There is backwards compatibility.

Sorry, but your wrong about the xbox 360. It only plays a select list of old xbox games, and you need you have the xbox 360 connected to the internet to download a patch. No internet, no old games. Your favorite xbox game not on the list of ones for which a patch was made, too bad.

I may still buy an xbox 360, but unfortunately there are currently no games for it that I like. And nothing on the list of games shown to be coming out in the next year. I really like that all games are widescreen (1.85:1) and many more are high definition, but they have to make something worth playing before I will buy it.

Also, Ive had my current computer for 3 years and can still play the new games on decent graphics settings. All you need is a good amount of RAM and a good graphic's card and most computers can play games for several years before requiring an upgrade.