"Telegram, telephone, tell a woman"

seekeroftruth

John 4:27 Just then his disciples returned and were surprised to find him talking with a woman. But no one asked, “What do you want?” or “Why are you talking with her?
28 Then, leaving her water jar, the woman went back to the town and said to the people, 29 “Come, see a man who told me everything I ever did. Could this be the Messiah?” 30 They came out of the town and made their way toward him.
31 Meanwhile his disciples urged him, “Rabbi, eat something.”
32 But he said to them, “I have food to eat that you know nothing about.”
33 Then his disciples said to each other, “Could someone have brought him food?
34 “My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work. 35 Don’t you have a saying, ‘It’s still four months until harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest. 36 Even now the one who reaps draws a wage and harvests a crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together. 37 Thus the saying ‘One sows and another reaps’ is true. 38 I sent you to reap what you have not worked for. Others have done the hard work, and you have reaped the benefits of their labor.”
39 Many of the Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman’s testimony, “He told me everything I ever did.” 40 So when the Samaritans came to him, they urged him to stay with them, and he stayed two days. 41 And because of his words many more became believers.
42 They said to the woman, “We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world.”
Jesus was having a really, really, good day with the "half breeds". These were the surviving families after the raid by the Persians [722 BC] These were the families procreated from those who were too fragile to travel. These are the remnants of those that didn't get a ring through their nose. These are the family of the ones who survived the holocaust of the Persian Empire on the Jewish Nation. They weren't Jewish, and they weren't Persian. These were the "half breeds". They were the melting pot of all those left after the Persian Empire ravaged Israel and anyone who ventured in afterward. They were a hateful reminder of when Israel was overrun by the Babylonians.

Even though they were worshiping whatever god they needed for the particular chore, they were still open to worshiping the one true Living God. They just didn't want to do it the same way the uppity Jews wanted them to. They didn't have the funds, time, energy, health or inclination to travel to Jerusalem to worship. Those uppity church people didn't like them. They didn't think they needed to go to church. They weren't fine on their own, but they were willing to include God along with their little gods. That's the door Jesus used.

Jesus only read the memories of one human. That was His Superpower. Jesus could read minds, and on top of that, He could manipulate thoughts and deeds. He could "completely" change minds!!!! He read that woman's mind when she walked up to the well. He knew what she needed before she even placed her water jug on the ledge of the well. She "thought" she needed water. She "learned" she needed to take a look at her own life. She was taught to "Believe" in Him.

Now it's one thing to worship your bottle opener god, or your bread making god, or your sun god, or your moon god... It's quite another to meet the Son of the One True Living God and benefit from His Superpower. I have lots of tools in my sewing box. Some of them are duplicates. But I always use the one that does the best job. Having the Son of God at your well, is like having one tool that will do everything! The rest of those tools can just gather dust. I got the best right here! I'm pretty sure that's what it was like. I bet all those people from the town, put away their little gods, and they pulled out the One True Living God to worship!

They didn't have to go to Jerusalem to meet the Son of God. The Son of God came to them.

I bet that little side trip was part of the plan all along.

Jesus included the "half breeds".

You know the saying "Telegram, telephone, tell a woman".

:coffee: