Television/Internet in St. Clements Shores

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by sleuth14
I hope the house is a good one...
Being that it's older... I don't want to end up with a money pit...
I wouldn't worry about that too much. As to the addition that you propose it might be interesting as you will probably have to change the entire roof line or have a pitch change over the new area (which might be big bucks) and I am sure you will need permits for that type or work.

Ken King

PREMO Member
Originally posted by laureng
Isn't St. Clements Shores way out there?
It's about 5 miles to Leonardtown by road (3 as the crow flies), a little over 16 miles to the base, and 30 miles to Dahlgren, VA.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by Ken King
I wouldn't worry about that too much. As to the addition that you propose it might be interesting as you will probably have to change the entire roof line or have a pitch change over the new area (which might be big bucks) and I am sure you will need permits for that type or work.

That's what I figured. I've got lots of time to think about that though. As I said before, I don't see myself doing that for several years if I'm still there, and let's not forget, of course... that I haven't got the place yet.

I still have to wait on the inspection, the assessment, and the improvements that the owner claims to be making.

baily1122

:smile: My husband and I were thinking of buying that exact same house about 8 years ago! Even though then, the inside of the house could of used alot of updating it had lots of potential,
my husband really like the gargae. We even thought of a way to make a walk way from the gargage directly in the house. We didn't buy it because the bedrooms weren't big enough for our big family.
I hope you enjoy your new home. That house was on the market then for 70,00.00. That was when it was a buyers market. Times have change! Good luck. :cheers:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Re: Television/Internet in St. Clements Shores

Originally posted by sleuth14
it's 22311 Leonard St.
What's GMP?

Sleuth, go to the State Assessment page and look at the record for the property under 'Real Property search.'

I did and found it is only assessed at $100k and last sold in '98 for 82k. Something is NOT right here.

SmallTown

Football season!
Re: Re: Re: Re: Television/Internet in St. Clements Shores

Originally posted by jazz lady
Sleuth, go to the State Assessment page and look at the record for the property under 'Real Property search.'

I did and found it is only assessed at $100k and last sold in '98 for 82k. Something is NOT right here.

Interesting history. With HUD being involved in the recent transaction history, hard to tell what the "real" value is.

As for assesments, these assements are quite often less than what the house will actually sell for.

As long as there aren't any major problems with it, and he likes the house, I say go for it. Of course with a house such as this, lead and radon tests should be done along with the normal home inspection.

Ken King

PREMO Member

I can believe that it sold for 82K in '98. It was in sad shape inside after some renters had their way with the property. A quick look showed some major improvements on that property from what it used to look like. Seems the current owner invested time and money to make it a cute little home, with excellent waterview and just a hop, skip, and jump to the beach.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by Ken King
I've had both DirecTV and the DishNetwork for 8 years and have only been without reception about 30 minutes in that entire time.

Our satelitte is out now. Has been for about 10 minutes. I don't expect it back anytime soon.

Ken King

PREMO Member
Originally posted by cmcdanal
Our satelitte is out now. Has been for about 10 minutes. I don't expect it back anytime soon.
I lost power for three minutes at 5:30, power came on satellite locked and receiving. No problem.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'

I've got a copy of the history myself...
It is hard to estimate what it's worth... and the assessment does come in a lot lower than the listing price...

The difference here is the assessment and the appraisal... My offer is contingent upon financing, so if my lender appraises it for less than they are asking, then the financing won't work out and the loan falls thru.

I'm interested in seeing the appraisal myself.

As for lead and radon... there's no basement, so radon is probably not an issue, and the test is expensive so I doubt I'll get it done... I don't have any kids, so I'm not going to worry about lead either for the time being. Both tests are very expensive and would cost me quite a bit in the closing.

Ken King

PREMO Member

My home last assessed for 100K and a recent appraisal said it was valued at 145K (addition of central air in the house, addition of heat and air to the detached garage/shop, and window replacement throughout, about 20K in work total).

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by Athena1078
all the much easier to lure you out of the house for a mid-week drinking spree at Cryers....

I may withdraw the offer based on that alone :wink:

Athena1078

Social Director
Originally posted by kwillia
Sleuth, be sure to check the water table (she washes her car three times daily)...:yikes:
DO NOT! Only once a day now..:neener: the newness has started to wear off.. I have a spray detailer that I use on it before I go out to get random spots off of it....

Ken King

PREMO Member
Originally posted by Athena1078
Your new house is right down the road from me! Aren't you excited?
Right down the street, by chance do you live on Gore Street?