Tell me about your wedding

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Small Episcopal Church wedding, reception at the American Legion Hall, Rescue Squad Lady's Aux arranged the food plus fried chicken from Murphy's Towne and Country, cash bar, and our friends band for music. I paid the tab for the band's drinks. The sound man for the band was running the PA and I handed him 2 tapes. The first dance was supposed to be song 2 on side 1, Kenny Rogers "Through the Years". The second tape was a mix tape I recorded. All the sound guy had to do was pop them in and push play. Dumbo got half stoned, rewound side 2 to song 1 which turned out to be "I Don't Need You" by Kenny Rogers. My lovely bride was NOT amused, but she finished the dance with poise and grace. We had 30 years together before she lost her battle. She never said another word to the sound guy.

vince77

got married in jersey many years ago. Up there, it's an excuse for the brides parents to throw a big party for all their friends and relatives. They like to do it up big. Probably 150 there, had to cost 15k in 1974. I was the male mannequin. Gave daughter a 30K budget for hers 5 years ago. Weddings can get expensive if you let them.

Lump

We bought a house and while we were talking with our realtor, it turned out he was also a minister. So we had him marry us in our new house. Had our immediate family at the house and then had a big reception with friends and additional family at our favorite hang out on Cobb Island. We lucked out in that we had a friend that was a professional photographer and another that was a DJ. They both offered their services as our wedding gifts. We just had a huge party. It was the last time I danced with my dad. We danced all night!

Kinnakeet

Half of St. Mary's County present, events over the course of the entire weekend. Catholic wedding - after 2:00 pm, of course, so the Sunday obligation was covered. Hell hath no fury like a Catholic that has to attend a wedding on Saturday and then attend mass the next morning while hungover.

Well into 5 figure, don't know the cost. Married 40 years and still going 💪
Thats the night your HEMI roids got destroyed isnt it