Tell me...

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
about H&R semi automatic shotguns. Does anyone have one or know anyone that does?? I see they are inexpensive, I was wondering if they are cheap. I'm disappointed with the Mossberg I bought last year. It performs well but the blueing sux. TIA

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
gumby said:
about H&R semi automatic shotguns. Does anyone have one or know anyone that does?? I see they are inexpensive, I was wondering if they are cheap. I'm disappointed with the Mossberg I bought last year. It performs well but the blueing sux. TIA
Think Remmington.

Vince

gumby said:
Depends on what you are going to hunt with the shotgun. Deer? Get a Remington and put a slug barrel and scope on it.

HunterJJD

I have never used a Semi from H&R, I have 6 or 7 single shots and love them.
The Sluggers they make are great, cheap and shoot great

H&R has been around for years and teamed up with NEF few years back

itsbob

I bowl overhand
HunterJJD said:

To be honest, I've never even heard of H&R until just now.. at least it doesn't sound familiar to me.

I was hoping he would do some shopping online and see the price of the Benelli guns and come with :shocking: look on his face..

WHen I was overseas they had a Valmet in the Rod and Gun club, in a metal, leather wrapped suitcase. You had the Butt stock, and trigger, and three barrel configurations (over and under). In 1983 the price was around $2500, in the shooters Bible I think the price was over $6000.. Can imagine what that would sell for here now..

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I've shot one or two Harrington & Richardson's, mostly the Topper. Fast handling and a fairly good weapon.

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
HunterJJD said:

I have a couple of H&R pistols that do well. Benelli, Beretta,and Browning are SO expensive. I guess you get what you pay for though. I'm cheap and looking for something to hand down to the boy when he gets old enough. I guess you can hand down a Browning, but I'm not sure how well he will take care of it once he gets it. He's only 4 1/2 right now, but he will have something by the time he's six. Prolly just a cheap 410 by then. Thanks for all of the input. www.impactguns.com has a good variety and they aren't too bad price wise.