Termites!!!

mrweb

Iron City
I need recommendations on a good exterminator. I have seen termites in the garage and can't get rid of the F'n ants in the kitchen...and yes folks the place is spotless, however the ants don't seem to agree. Termites, I need professional help, ants, I am at a loss...diazanon outside on the foundation, no mulch.. bit the bullet and got the rubber mulch to put against the house, no joy.

(Oh, Southern Calvert....)

Last edited:

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
I need recommendations on a good extermanator. I have seen termites in the garage and can't get rid of the F'n ants in the kitchen...and yes folks the place is spotless, however the ants don't seem to agree. Termites, I need professional help, ants, I am at a loss...diazanon outside on the foundation, no multch.. bit the bullet and got the rubber multch to put against the house, no joy.

Good luck and post who you use and the results;

T

toppick08

For the termites? Where do I purchase it and how do I use it....I have two dogs in an 1 acre closed in area in the back of the house, certainly don't want to expose them to chemicals. Thanks

:lol:

need some DDT too ?.....y'all don't say 'nuffin....:whistle:

Poison only kills the visible bugs and those bugs that cross into the applied poison. Most professionals now use a virus in the house. The virus works on both ants and termites. The bugs pick up the virus and carry it back to the nest where the whole nest dies. Then they treat the perimeter of the house with something that's not killer toxic. It gets re-applied once every 2 months.

Most of the major exterminators use the same stuff. Call and get a few estimates, ask what they use and looks those up on the web.

Additionally, those bugs are there because there is a source of water. If you have bad drainage, roof leaks, soffit leaks, etc...... you'll have termites. Check for water issues and fix them.

mrweb

Iron City
Additionally, those bugs are there because there is a source of water. If you have bad drainage, roof leaks, soffit leaks, etc...... you'll have termites. Check for water issues and fix them.

Yes, drainage is a bit of a problem, I've ignored it for a few years. Good advice GW. Thanks

squidword

I need recommendations on a good exterminator. I have seen termites in the garage and can't get rid of the F'n ants in the kitchen...and yes folks the place is spotless, however the ants don't seem to agree. Termites, I need professional help, ants, I am at a loss...diazanon outside on the foundation, no mulch.. bit the bullet and got the rubber mulch to put against the house, no joy.

i know how you feel, we had ants terrible > we put diazanon outside the whole edge of the house and then i went to walmart and bought these clear retangular like ant bait houses and followed the directions, cut off the tip and place them around and i promise they will disappear.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I recently had my rental property treated inside and outside at a cost of $250. The base price was around $150 or so, and it increases based on square footage. My rental property is a smaller 1300 sq ft home. The substance they used inside looked like gel. It does not smell and I don't believe it's toxic. I get a one-year warranty, and anytime during that year if I see pests of any kind, they'll come out and spray again for free. :yay:

Vince

I use Terminix. They treat the house, garage, etc. every three years and inspect once a year. They drill holes and put the stuff in the ground around the foundation. Even drilled holes in the cement steps and put stuff in it. And no, you can't use or even purchase chloradane anymore. It was outlawed years ago, but it was good stuff on termites.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Ed Zachary.

Was thinking the same.. Possibly the existence of some rotten wood somewhere.

If you can't keep the ants out of your house, there's a good chance they are nesting IN your house. They also love wet rotting wood.

T

toppick08

Chlordane has been banned for 15 years or more. Even if you have an old bottle out in the shed, you should take it to the hazardous recycle day. It is very persistent in the environment and should be disposed of properly.

Yeah right......keep dreaming..:buddies: