Terrible 2's

NextJen

Raisin cane
I'm not trying to make lite of your situations. I know how rough it can be with 2 year olds. Heed the good advice posted here from experienced moms, take deep cleansing breaths, and try to take lots of pictures. These years will go by too fast and the next thing you know you will have teenagers with a whole new set of problems! You won't believe me now, but when they get to teens, you'll look back at when they were little and long for these days.

Wishing you the best!

KDENISE977

He is testing you to see what his boundaries are and because it is his job. Teaching him to control his impulses is one of the most important things he will learn, especially for a boy, because they are almost all impulse and NO self-control at that age (and most never outgrow it from what I've seen). Consistency is key -- set boundaries now and be firm or you will regret it later. If he sees you caving in, you are toast. Meanwhile, invest in earplugs and drink heavily when you can! :lmao:

I agree he's testing me and my impulse is to ignore whatever he's doing and/or to redirect these efforts towards something else, not to try and reward him. It's also difficult when you have a friggin MIL who doesn't believe in that and who gives into him when he's acting like a brat who needs to be the center of attention. I know, she's going, she's going:strangle::strangle:

You should have seen her face when I gently slapped him on his thigh to get his attention and stop something one day "oh, don't do that..please don't do that".

doubtfull24

Good lord it's like something has possessed him and he wants only things that he can't have !!

Last night at the grocery store he starts screaming and crying b/c he can't hold EVERYTHING and b/c it's got to go on the belt so I can check out... I was grabbing for anything close to shut him up and to keep from dying of embarassment b/c I had "the brat" kid that everyone talks about !!!

Ethan started wanting to grab and chew on everything at the grocery store so I leave him home with hubby when I shop.It's normal it's a stage try not to say no constantly. Try and redirect his attention to something else. Ethan went threw the throwing a fit let him and try to ignore it. He is just trying to express himself. He is curious about everything at this stage!