Testing and a High School Diploma

smcdem

As you all may know starting with the class of 2009 students must pass 3 out of 4 HSA tests in order to graduate, your thoughts?

Otter

Nothing to see here
MrOT.jpg

P

Pighead

Originally posted by smcdem
As you all may know starting with the class of 2009 students must pass 3 out of 4 HSA tests in order to graduate, your thoughts?

And what does this have to do with politics:confused:

..oh...wait....let's follow the twisted liberal way of thinking....

it has to do with education
education should be a presidential priority
the President's priority is on Iraq
therefore, it's the president's fault that students actually have to show knowledge and may fail.

ylexot

Super Genius
I think it has to do with No Child Left Behind.

My thoughts...poor babies...I had to pass 4 out of 4. If a diploma is to be worth anything, it has to be earned.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Originally posted by ylexot
I think it has to do with No Child Left Behind.

My thoughts...poor babies...I had to pass 4 out of 4. If a diploma is to be worth anything, it has to be earned.

:yeahthat:

You had to pass all four back in my day and that wasn't very long ago.:rolleyes:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Kids need to leard that performance, not your intentions, are what counts in the real world. This should be instilled from grade 1. Don't do the work, don't move up to the next grade. Unfortunatly, here they pass kids just because they get a year older.

Spoiled

Originally posted by aps45819
Kids need to leard that performance, not your intentions, are what counts in the real world. This should be instilled from grade 1. Don't do the work, don't move up to the next grade. Unfortunatly, here they pass kids just because they get a year older.
Who is to blame for that? I would say a law suit happy society, stupid parents and flawed policy that no one questions...