Tetanus/Lockjaw

belvak

Happy Camper
I got a tetanus shot yesterday. The nurse said it might not help if I already have it, but at least I got it. :yay:

Symptoms can take up to 6 days to show, so I'm still in the waiting period. :tap:

Prays for you... :flowers:

Sorry, couldn't resist! Hope everything is okay and no tetnus!

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
I got a tetanus shot yesterday. The nurse said it might not help if I already have it, but at least I got it. :yay:

Symptoms can take up to 6 days to show, so I'm still in the waiting period. :tap:

Look on the bright side. You didn't get lockfingers!

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I think I'm okay ... if the lockjaw set in that quickly, other symptoms probably would've presented themselves by now, I'd think.

Of course, my ass hurts where I got the shot, but that won't prevent me from getting stuffadecockie in any way. :whistle: :lol:

Pushrod

Patriot
I know some would say it's about time :lol:, but I'm concerned that I might have tetanus/lockjaw. I don't know when my last booster was, but I'm sure I had one at some point while I was in the military, but I got out 10 years ago, and don't know if I've had one since.

Yesterday, we were out working in the yard, and my arm brushed against a metal piece of fence, which put a good 9" scratch down my arm. It didn't go really deep -- only enough to have a little blood along the scratch -- but it did cut the skin, nonetheless. I washed it several times -- immediately after it happened and throughout the day -- as we were working in the yard from about 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The scratch happened around 10:30.

:

Whatever the problem, I don't think it is Tetanus. Tetanus is an anaerobic infection which results from a puncture wound, not a scratch or surface cut. It has to be deep enough that no oxygen gets to the wound site (hense associated with punctures).

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Whatever the problem, I don't think it is Tetanus. Tetanus is an anaerobic infection which results from a puncture wound, not a scratch or surface cut. It has to be deep enough that no oxygen gets to the wound site (hense associated with punctures).

It was deeper than a "scratch" but I didn't sever my arm. There was blood.