Texas Dem touts herself as ‘brave,’ launches House bid from DC hotel room

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
“I’m one of the brave Texas Democrats who came to DC to fight for voting rights in my state,” Beckley tweeted. “Now, I’m fighting to flip a seat held by an anti-democracy Republican. I have 28,500. Can you help us get to 50,000 followers?”

She followed up the tweet with a link on how best to contribute to her campaign.

The tweet was met with immediate backlash on Twitter.

:roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: BOP

Hijinx

She is a big fat liar.
Literally and in reality.
And IMO anyone who dyes their hair blue is a nut case.

Just another lie real hair aint blue.

BOP

“I’m one of the brave Texas Democrats who came to DC to fight for voting rights in my state,” Beckley tweeted. “Now, I’m fighting to flip a seat held by an anti-democracy Republican. I have 28,500. Can you help us get to 50,000 followers?”

She followed up the tweet with a link on how best to contribute to her campaign.

The tweet was met with immediate backlash on Twitter.

:roflmao:
"Plus, I have many negro friends, so vote for me! Y'all." - Texas Rep. Beckley (maybe).

SamSpade

If you have to TELL people you're brave, you aren't. Bravery is pretty damned obvious.

It's brave to face ridicule from your peers - from the majority of the press - from your family, friends and even total strangers.
It's brave to endure LOSS and personal injury for your beliefs - even face danger or jail - and by jail I mean, the likelihood you won't be sprung in the morning. It's brave when it costs you.

It is NOT brave to - rather than face defeat in fair vote - to leave the field, jump a private jet and fly to DC and stay in a hotel at no cost to you.
Having done that, have the praise of the press and your friends for having had the "courage" to ditch your job and go on an indefinite paid vacation, something your constituents can't afford to do.

It's not unlike those Hollywood elites who, during the pandemic, encouraged others to just stay home - because they themselves live inside walled palaces where the rest of us could only DREAM of living and staying.

Bravery? Bravery is not only being accosted regularly at places like your fishing store by lunatics berating you - but doing it AGAIN.
Bravery is having the courage of your convictions to stand by your opinions and decisions, despite the cost.

And it sure ain't brave to play the stunt that somehow, these laws will make voting worse.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
If you have to TELL people you're brave, you aren't. Bravery is pretty damned obvious.

It's brave to face ridicule from your peers - from the majority of the press - from your family, friends and even total strangers.
It's brave to endure LOSS and personal injury for your beliefs - even face danger or jail - and by jail I mean, the likelihood you won't be sprung in the morning. It's brave when it costs you.

It is NOT brave to - rather than face defeat in fair vote - to leave the field, jump a private jet and fly to DC and stay in a hotel at no cost to you.
Having done that, have the praise of the press and your friends for having had the "courage" to ditch your job and go on an indefinite paid vacation, something your constituents can't afford to do.

It's not unlike those Hollywood elites who, during the pandemic, encouraged others to just stay home - because they themselves live inside walled palaces where the rest of us could only DREAM of living and staying.

Bravery? Bravery is not only being accosted regularly at places like your fishing store by lunatics berating you - but doing it AGAIN.
Bravery is having the courage of your convictions to stand by your opinions and decisions, despite the cost.

And it sure ain't brave to play the stunt that somehow, these laws will make voting worse.
Are they still in DC?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Visit the homeless encampments, trade them fresh clothes for the ones they've been wearing for weeks. Fold them and place in Macys, Bloomingdales and Nordstrom boxes and send them off to the Democraps.

Hijinx

Visit the homeless encampments, trade them fresh clothes for the ones they've been wearing for weeks. Fold them and place in Macys, Bloomingdales and Nordstrom boxes and send them off to the Democraps.

I would have to buy a Nordstrom, Macy's or Bloomingdale box. I don't shop in any of those places.
Honestly most of my every day clothes I buy in various thrift stores.

SamSpade

What a bunch of effing tards.

I have to think WHAT kind of spoiled asses these guys must be. They're not even full time - Texas legislature is part time work for not a LOT of money.

What kind of privilege would you have to come from to consider eating a SALAD as taking one for the team?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I have to think WHAT kind of spoiled asses these guys must be. They're not even full time - Texas legislature is part time work for not a LOT of money.

What kind of privilege would you have to come from to consider eating a SALAD as taking one for the team?
Hopefully, they will be rewarded for their bravery by being voted out.

SamSpade

Unfortunately the same tards that voted them in to begin with will do it again without hesitation.

Why not? What's the biggest story regarding vaccines in the news? That it's Trumpers who are holding out. White conservatives.
But the groups MOST reluctant to take the jab aren't whites at all - it's the African Americans and Latinos. They're hovering in the 20 percent range. They're the ones who don't trust the government.

What's worse is - WHO got the vaccine done? Who lit a fire under the nation's ass to get one done as soon as possible?

AND WHO WAS IT who claimed they wouldn't trust a vaccine Trump pushed through?

Simply put - who were the FIRST last year to say - nope, not gettin' it.

Of course, AFTER the election, they both got it THE FIRST DAY IT WAS AVAILABLE.

Hijinx

I would guess that she comes from a district is pretty much a democrat stronghold.
Like her chair in the legislature has to be a strong chair for the load sitting on it.
She doesn't look like she has eaten too many salads.

SamSpade

Well that just does not fit the Progressive Media Narrative

And normally - they just say nothing. It's those cases in the news where a mass shooter happens - and the race isn't identified.
Or someone shoots a cop - and the race isn't identified. It's a clue. They almost ALWAYS give a description. When they give none, it's because they don't want to. Because it goes against the media narrative.

We know this. You know, years ago, in the Soviet Union, Russians knew that when they got a TON of bad news about a specific issue - in the West - they knew that there must have been one in Russia - because their news organizations wanted the people to think, yep, it's happening a lot. We're no worse than the West.

What I HAVE seen - is a lot of these news items ARE HAPPENING - but the national news isn't reporting them. It doesn't help what they want to say. If black activists are shooting cops or attacking civilians, they're going to avoid saying it at all.
What is ALARMING about this is - it's not true. It's not even close to true. About the ONE case you might make is that there are MORE white people resisting the jab than blacks - because they outnumber them 5 to one, or more depending on how you count. That's numbers. If half the white people won't get jabbed - and ALL of the blacks won't - it's still more white people.

But it's still a lie. Regionally, the problem areas in the nation are the ones with HEAVY black population - Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, Arkansas. It doesn't matter if some whole populations of white people aren't getting the jab - the problem isn't uniform across the country - it's concentrated, and the PROBLEM is African Americans won't get it in these states.

Grumpy

I had to take my son to an appt at Washington Hospital Center and, of course, I couldn't go in. I had to wait outside the main entrance from 1030 to 1pm. I met this guy, close to my age(elderly..:)) and he read me the riot act about how badly this country was going. "Eff them and their crazy vaccines", "stupid Democrats have no common sense" "I can't wait to vote for Trump again"..He was rolling for about 20 minutes, going on and on about how the democrats were killing this country. I listened and a the few others close by were nodding their heads in agreement, it was quite a show...and BTW, I was the only white person there of about 10 people close by listening.