Texas Republican Mayor abandons his town and people amid ice storm, resigns

easyliving45

Yes dear, I understand where you brought in the ridiculous claim that no one made. What I don't understand, however, is why you made it.

The 20 million people losing power was a made up number. We get that. If you'd like to try and say it wasn't, then please link to an article which shows how 20 million people are out of power.

1,000 generators is your other completely arbitrary and pulled from the sky number. I have literally no idea where you got that from or why you seem to think that there's only 1,000 generators in the entire state of Texas. That is absolutely mind boggling. Like, normally I can tell how your brain crisscrosses and manipulates but this is honestly just completely and utterly pulled out of thin air.

No matter what number you cant understand or are too high for you to count the point is even if everyone shared their generator with two neighbors there would not be enough to offset the loss of power last week in Texas.

Privatization and deregulation in Texas caused this problem. People contracted with a company to provide power and that company tried to save money by cutting itself off from the national grid, cutting corners and not heeding federal warnings to winterize and upgrade their systems. Therefore the system failed when people needed it most.

Bare-ya-cuda

I guess you would like Texas to be more like California. California’s power grid cannot even handle nice weather. Imagine if they would have had a winter storm like what Texas just went through.

Last edited:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
1,000 generators is your other completely arbitrary and pulled from the sky number. I have literally no idea where you got that from or why you seem to think that there's only 1,000 generators in the entire state of Texas. That is absolutely mind boggling. Like, normally I can tell how your brain crisscrosses and manipulates but this is honestly just completely and utterly pulled out of thin air.
87.3% of all numbers and statistics are made up on the spot.

rmorse

No matter what number you cant understand or are too high for you to count the point is even if everyone shared their generator with two neighbors there would not be enough to offset the loss of power last week in Texas.

Privatization and deregulation in Texas caused this problem. People contracted with a company to provide power and that company tried to save money by cutting itself off from the national grid, cutting corners and not heeding federal warnings to winterize and upgrade their systems. Therefore the system failed when people needed it most.

So to recap....you pull two completely arbitrary numbers out of your ass and when called on it, you say I'm either stupid or high?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
So to recap....you pull two completely arbitrary numbers out of your ass and when called on it, you say I'm either stupid or high?
You nailed it. On both counts. That poor sap lies at the drop of a hat..every day.