Thai warship capsizes

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
1 of my fear while living on the ship was a situation where I'd have to make it from berthing to the weather decks in the dark during a casualty.

This sort of accident happens when the crew isn't trained very well. Hatches weren't secured properly most likely.

A Royal Thai Navy warship capsized in the Gulf of Thailand and left 31 sailors missing Sunday evening, according to The Associated Press (AP).

The HTMS Sukhothai, a corvette, lost electrical power as seawater blew into the warship amid strong winds, The AP reported. The loss of electrical power reduced the controllability of the vessel amid strong waves.

Strong winds stalled a navy assistance effort involving ships and helicopters along with mobile pumping machines, according to The AP. Strong waves buffeted the warship, which eventually capsized and sank.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
The HTMS Sukhothai, a corvette, lost electrical power as seawater blew into the warship amid strong winds,

Hell... Who would have ever expected to run into seawater and wind on the ocean.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That story flew around my info world pretty quickly. There are normally so many DC procedures and design features in place to prevent that kind of casualty...I'll be looking for the post-mortem report.

This sad picture is of one of my projects back in the day....
Shutterstock_8370353a.jpg

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
That story flew around my info world pretty quickly. There are normally so many DC procedures and design features in place to prevent that kind of casualty...I'll be looking for the post-mortem report.

This sad picture is of one of my projects back in the day.... View attachment 167861
Well, they TOLD you putting Carona in the fuel would NOT make it run better.