Thank you Larry, Xi Ping Pong and SMCHD!

TPD

the poor dad
This takes away the relaxation of going out to me. I don't even want to go anywhere while it's still like this.

I absolutely agree with you. I would be one to make a scene and I don't want to embarrass my friends or family so it's best I stay home.

I had thought about starting a thread listing businesses that don't "enforce the masks" but I felt it would just be bringing attention to these businesses that they don't want, especially from the SMCHD gestapo. Not that the health department can force the employees to force the customers to wear a mask. Latest CDC guidelines suggest that businesses should just leave customers alone who are NOT wearing.

mitzi

I had thought about starting a thread listing businesses that don't "enforce the masks" but I felt it would just be bringing attention to these businesses that they don't want, especially from the SMCHD gestapo

It would and they don't need that. I do believe it can cut down on the spread of infection (not debating this, it's just what I think) BUT these rules make absolutely no sense.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I went to a local restaurant last night. Probably not going back until masks are no longer required for the simple reason that this particular restaurant was on you right away to put a mask on if you got up from your table for any reason - I don't need this hassle in my life. We had one person come from the bar to our table for a brief chat, WITH his beer in his hand, and he was kindly asked to put his mask on. You can sit at a table all night long and talk with friends or strangers without a mask but the minute you get up to use the restroom or move to another table or whatever, you gotta wear a mask. Makes no sense so I'm not putting up with this BS - there are other restaurants out there that don't bug me so they will get my business.

BTW, I did not wear a mask and was not asked too. They already knew where I stand on the issue so they said nothing to me.
This is what you should be forwarding to the County and Larry. Not just, "I hate masks and I'm not gonna wear them anymore!", but real world situations, how people feel and how it is directly affecting businesses in a negative way. 1st hand experience.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I had thought about starting a thread listing businesses that don't "enforce the masks" but I felt it would just be bringing attention to these businesses that they don't want, especially from the SMCHD gestapo.
It would just drive away more business and shorten the time to permanent closing for the others.

TPD

the poor dad
It would just drive away more business and shorten the time to permanent closing for the others.

It could go either way, based on my small sampling size of customers I talk to.

But back to part of the original reason for this thread, I have on good intel that IHOP was not a victim of the Chinese virus, but more a victim of the "triangle" problems in LP. It was decided way before kung flu to shut the place down when lease renewal came up due to underperformance which was due to unwanted activity in the area. Well, I added the last part about the unwanted activity, but I think it is obvious.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
And I've skirted thru undetected a few times now....

You believe that,,,,,do ya?

Crackle...: "Base..perimeter one...that funny looking red vehicle is approaching again. Permission to engage?"
Frrttt..ssst...crackle: "Base ack. Nah..let the old guy through. He's harmless"

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I went to a local restaurant last night. Probably not going back until masks are no longer required for the simple reason that this particular restaurant was on you right away to put a mask on if you got up from your table for any reason - I don't need this hassle in my life. We had one person come from the bar to our table for a brief chat, WITH his beer in his hand, and he was kindly asked to put his mask on. You can sit at a table all night long and talk with friends or strangers without a mask but the minute you get up to use the restroom or move to another table or whatever, you gotta wear a mask. Makes no sense so I'm not putting up with this BS - there are other restaurants out there that don't bug me so they will get my business.

BTW, I did not wear a mask and was not asked too. They already knew where I stand on the issue so they said nothing to me.
Especially when going into Phase 3! It's freaking BS

BernieP

Resident PIA
Oh crap..really?? That's beyond sucking...

Tall Timbers...Ruddy Duck...Stoney's...they are dropping like flies...
WTF - Ruddy Duck?

I see people recommending them on Facebook (Southern Maryland is Hungry)

Does anyone know the story behind the closing of Cafe RIo in the Harris Teeter center?
All I get is the employees found out the same time as the public.

BernieP

Resident PIA

I'll say it again., DON'T blame the restaurant. They do not want to get fined or lose a license and get closed down.
I know from at least four local places that LE and the health department are in there almost every day.
Checking social distancing rules and mask rules were being followed.
Any place not requesting you follow the rules is putting themselves at risk - a fiscal risk,

Bonehead

WTF - Ruddy Duck?

I see people recommending them on Facebook (Southern Maryland is Hungry)

Does anyone know the story behind the closing of Cafe RIo in the Harris Teeter center?
All I get is the employees found out the same time as the public.
Cafe Rio was no great loss in my opinion. Too bad for the jobs lost though.

PeoplesElbow

It could go either way, based on my small sampling size of customers I talk to.

But back to part of the original reason for this thread, I have on good intel that IHOP was not a victim of the Chinese virus, but more a victim of the "triangle" problems in LP. It was decided way before kung flu to shut the place down when lease renewal came up due to underperformance which was due to unwanted activity in the area. Well, I added the last part about the unwanted activity, but I think it is obvious.
IHOP was also their own worst enemy. Last year we went in and was seated, sat there for 30 minutes and didnt see a waiter so we got up and left.

BernieP

Resident PIA