That escalated quickly

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

itsbob

I bowl overhand
When I was a wee lad (an Army lieutenant decades ago; almost Star Wars ages ago) my troopers were able to "smuggle in" an unprofessional acronym (along the lines of FUBAR, but the actual one shall go unsaid) into the camo scheme of one of our M577s. Was really, really well-done; a work of art actually. Knew I was gonna get in trouble with the Squadron CO/XO, but I didn't have the heart to tell my soldiers to repaint the vehicle. So we left it. Lasted only a little more than a day because "everyone" was laughing about it and - of course - the XO got wind about it. Of course, all hell broke loose and I absorbed the brunt of it. Was worth it, though.

Good times. Good times. Even built a 1:35 scale model of an M577 and incorporated the incident/acronym into the model's paint scheme!

--- End of line (MCP)
I want to see it!! Pissed I didn't think of it.

Hand painted our platoons Scout Vehicles while sitting at OP Alpha.. then was told to repaint them because the lines were to "clean", they looked good too.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I want to see it!! Pissed I didn't think of it.

Hand painted our platoons Scout Vehicles while sitting at OP Alpha.. then was told to repaint them because the lines were to "clean", they looked good too.
Not sure where the model of the M577 is; packed up in a box somewhere, I think.

Not sure why I was being coy about the acronym in my original post; it was "FTA." It was so well done, it was beautiful. But this was right at the end of the VOLAR era so senior leaders were quite vigilant and really strict about this sort of thing (rightly so, given the times).

OP Alpha? I only know of one (though certainly there were/are more), but does this mean you were with 3/11ACR (Bad Hersfeld)? We (Div Cav) did border augmentation for the 3rd squadron. Good times.

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited: