The 2013 Redskins Season

How many games will the Redskins lose this season?

Votes: 1 9.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RGIII will miss a lot of time hurt, so possibly 3 or more

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters

Beta

Smile!
somewhere between 9-11 wins, assuming they can handle their division. There are a few tough non-division games in there. :yikes:

dolemite

Whatcha' thinkin' about their prospects this year?

12-4 NFC East Champs: :buddies:

Philly=Win
Green Bay= Lose
Detroit= Win
Oakland=Win
Dallas=Win
Chicago=Win
Denver=Lose
San Diego=Win
Minnesota=Win
Philly=Win
San Fransico=Win
Giants=Win
Kansas City=Win
Atlanta=Lose
Dallas=Win
Giants=Lose

HollyRockJT

Jus Chillin...
12-4 NFC East Champs: :buddies:

Philly=Win
Green Bay= Lose
Detroit= Win
Oakland=Win
Dallas=Win
Chicago=Win
Denver=Lose
San Diego=Win
Minnesota=Win
Philly=Win
San Fransico=Win
Giants=Win
Kansas City=Win
Atlanta=Lose
Dallas=Win
Giants=Lose

This wouldn't bother me... But I'm curious, why the Green Bay loss... I think San Fran is gonna bang them up pretty bad Sunday...

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?
This wouldn't bother me... But I'm curious, why the Green Bay loss... I think San Fran is gonna bang them up pretty bad Sunday...

I think the 'skins have a better chance of winning against the Packers and losing to the 49ers.

Going 5-1 in the division? Maybe. NFC East is a crazy division.

Beta

Smile!
dolemite -- you really think they'll beat SF? I think that's one on the loss column. Beyond that, Chicago is a tossup game. The rest I basically agree with, although there could be a surprise game like Minny. I think that's what brought me down to the bottom end of my projection (9).

HollyRock -- really? GB is a very good team as long as Aaron Rodgers is the QB. And now they may have a running game.

HollyRockJT

Jus Chillin...
dolemite -- you really think they'll beat SF? I think that's one on the loss column. Beyond that, Chicago is a tossup game. The rest I basically agree with, although there could be a surprise game like Minny. I think that's what brought me down to the bottom end of my projection (9).

HollyRock -- really? GB is a very good team as long as Aaron Rodgers is the QB. And now they may have a running game.

I know they are a good time. But I think they have a better shot at beating them than they do SF. I think we match up surpisingly well with GB.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
1. I can't see Robert not getting hurt.

2. That said, the offensive talent is several steps better than last year AND the O line is intact.

3. The defense is clearly better than last year but, we're 57 year old London Fletcher injury away from being adrift.

4. The schedule is brutal so, there is no way to project last years comparative cake walk to this year. Besides our division, there are 6 potential game of the week matchups; @ GB, Chicago, @ Denver, San Diego, @ Atlanta and San Fran. Throw in Minnesota away and Detroit early isn't exactly a gimme.

10-6 will NOT be standing still.

Not likely to sweep Dallas two years in a row. Nor Philly.

4-4 midway won't be too bad.

Finishing Dallas home and @ Giants with most likely the division at stake, the last 5 being 49ers, Giants twice, Dallas, Atlanta and the only 'breather' the Chiefs at home, man!

10-6 this year will be a much better season than 10-6 last year.

:buddies:

Beta

Smile!
Cousins seems pretty solid, so RGIII getting hurt may not matter for a handful of games anyway.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Cousins seems pretty solid, so RGIII getting hurt may not matter for a handful of games anyway.

I think they're a playoff team with him at the helm for 16 games.

The difference is Robert is so explosive, he helps a team crush people you should beat and have a chance against anyone.

dolemite

Beta,

YES, YES, YES, In my Eddie Murphy voice....We will defeat SF this year basically our Read Option is better we mastered it also our RUN game is unstoppable...

I was pleasantly surprised with the off-season the Redskins had - probably the best I can recall since Mr. Snyder has been owner. They were facing a bad situation because of the BS cap penalty that Mr. Goodell had imposed on them, one which wasn't made easier by the lack of a first round pick.

It looked like they were going to have to choose between losing talent / leaving themselves thin in some areas or structuring some contracts to push salary cap effects into the future, thus hamstringing themselves in years to come. Somehow they managed to avoid both those possibilities. They were disciplined and patient, they kept the talent they needed and added a little depth. With some key players returning from injury, I think they're set up to be a meaningfully improved team this year. I had feared they were setting up to take a step backward.

Now we just need to hope, as is always the case, that they stay reasonably healthy. I'm looking forward to this year as well as what they might be able to do in the next few years when they get considerable cap space back.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...our Read Option is better we mastered it also our RUN game is unstoppable...

I think San Fran and us are in for a rude awakening in terms of the read/option.

It was a novelty last year and in a big way because 3 major guys did well with it.

The way it was stopped in high school and college was you had someone, usually an end or OLB, hit the quarterback, no matter if he pitches it or not. I mean flat out de-cleet him. It's a legal play because he is threatening to run. I was shocked no one remembered that last year but, I suppose the complexities of an NFL defense simply made it too much to re-learn and integrate on the fly in terms of changing responsibilities.

In school, superior athletes could handle it and you really couldn't stop them, only contain. In the NFL, RGIII, Kaepernick, Wilson, they're good athletes but do not enjoy the talent gap they had back in the day.

D coordinators have spent the off-season reminding guys how it was done back in school. They will make O coordinators terrified to call it because they know it won't be a question of IF the QB gets roughed up but, how many times.

This is not to say these guys won't make it work some times. It simply is to say that the NFL is all about adjustments and the price of the read option has gone up over the summer.

A lot.

You heard it here first! :yahoo: