The add CBS refuses to air

Sparx

Do you think people know the difference between a movie and adds for it and a political add? Lets compare it to the delay of the release of Terminator 3 and all adds for it while Arnold was running for office in California. No equal time during the Superbowl.

The Office of National Drug Control Policy's (ONDCP) Youth Anti-Drug Media Campaign is an unprecedented five-year media effort to educate and enable youth to reject illicit drugs. In 1997, the Executive Office of the President of the United States secured $195 million in funding from Congress for the first year of a five-year media campaign to fight youth drug use. Over a five-year period, a total of approximately $1 billion dollars will be allocated to paid media. ONDCP has developed a comprehensive campaign strategy that will target children ages 9-18 as well as the adults who influence them, including parents, teachers, coaches, mentors, etc. The campaign was designed to leverage federal funding by requesting a pro bono match of media time and space for every dollar spent.

donbarzini

Originally posted by Sparx
You should really take a course in political science if you can't see it. No conspiracy theory, just plain and simple politics

To paraphrase Shakespeare:

The first thing: let's kill all the ......poli-sci professors:duel:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Isn't it hilarious that MoveOn accused CBS of Republican bias in rejecting the ad, when Republicans have been accusing CBS of Democratic bias for years?

Maybe Dan Rather and Les Moonves should end CBS News one night by saying, "Phuque you all" and blowing their brains out.

Otter

Nothing to see here
ad - n. An advertisement.

add - v. add·ed, add·ing, adds v. tr. To combine (a column of figures, for example) to form a sum.

To join or unite so as to increase in size, quantity, quality, or scope: added 12 inches to the deck; flowers that added beauty to the dinner table.

To say or write further.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Sparx
Here is a little bit about some of those paying for the ad. Right up Bushes alley.
Sorry, babycakes - Ogilvy & Mather is an advertising firm. They got PAID to make the ad, not the other way around.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hey Sparx - I saw Bush's campaign commercial during the Super Bowl last night. You were right! I was shocked at those blatant subliminal messages they were shooting at us.

Young girl, ringer for Jenna Bush.

Mom, clone of Laura.

Doper kid looked EXACTLY like John Kerry!

Message: John Kerry makes teens do drugs - FIGHT BACK with a Bush in the House!

I'll never doubt you again. :notworthy:

donbarzini

Message: John Kerry makes teens do drugs - FIGHT BACK with a Bush in the House!

I'll never doubt you again. :notworthy: [/B][/QUOTE]

Hee Hee:biggrin:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by vraiblonde

Is Kerry as unpersonable as Mondale and Dukakis? Those two probably drove people to drugs just to stay awake. :lol: