The babies

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Yeah, they don't seem to care much who cleans up their mess do they, but boy offer them food and you're the best thing since rainbows and unicorns.
Actually both get pretty concerned when I am scooping the poop. I think it has to do with them feeling like they weren't good at hiding it. I know cats (wild and domesticated) hide bury their poop to stay undetected by predators.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
That's true - I'd forgotten that. I'm equating it to a dog. My ex ignored her - I walked her (the dog not the ex), cleaned up after her, played with her, brushed her, bathed her, took her to the vet. The ex merely fed her and that damn dog worshiped the ground he walked on. I left when they started sleeping together. :lmao:
I did everything for our other two cats who recently died and neither cared about me. The female hated everyone actually but she would sleep in my room. The male loved my husband and when he died, my husband had a hard time adjusting to not having the cat around even though we still had the female. Starting today/tonight, the babies are not going to be locked up in my room as much. The boys let them out when they get up but they get locked in my room when I go to bed. I probably won't sleep much tonight because I'll be getting up to check on them unless they are sleeping on my pillow like they normally do. We still won't let them downstairs (rec room/basement) though because they are still so little.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Tonight is the night!! Bedroom door will be left open all night. I will be a nervous wreck, especially since I know how mischievous Gracie can be. No doubt she will find trouble to get herself into. Right now they are having run running in and out of my room at warp speed. :lol:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Success!! The babies are now big kids!! Woke up around 3am to check on them. They were both asleep on the back of the couch. They did end up back in my room (and back on my pillow) at some point in the night.

I decided since they did so well, I started moving some of their stuff out of my room. Namely their food, bowls and bed. Not sure when I can get their litter boxes out. We want to put them downstairs in the rec room/basement like we had for the other cats but we are not ready to let them go down there. Maybe next weekend.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
@SailorGirl the kittens are warming up to the men folk now that they are out 24/7. They still love me the most but they do interact with others better.

Today is their second Dr's appt. More baby shots and recheck to make sure the ear mites and roundworms are gone.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Second visit done!! Got their second Distemper and Leukemia shots. Also got their rabies shot. Odd though that no metal tag was given anymore. Not that I need one because neither wears a collar. I just liked having it. :lol:

Both have put on weight since their last visit on 6/13. Gracie was 2.3 lbs and is now 3.3 lbs. Boone was 2.9 lbs and is now 4.4 lbs!!

Anyone know why regular vets charge $300 for spay/neuter and Well Pet Clinic only charges $35-$50?? What doesn't happen at Well Pet that does at a regular vet? I want the babies safe but $600 vs $85 is quite a difference.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
^Possibly Well Pet does so many speuters that they have an efficient procedure, without a lot of bells and whistles?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
It's been a long time since I had kittens so I'm not sure if I should be worried or not. Got home fron the vet around 1pm. Babies got the shots which I know tends to make them very lethargic afterwards. But the babies have literally slept ever since we got home minus eating some wet food around 7pm. And neither has pooped since about 9am.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Watch they'll be awake all night now. :lmao: There's a number of articles out there about that subject that I skimmed that would probably make you feel better. I would think that if they ate they're probably fine - just sleeping off the trauma.
Like I said, I know shots make them sleepy but it is just weird that they both have been down for the count all day. Not used to it.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Yep... they are back to normal. :lol: #theyloveeachother #theyloveeachothernot
20200705_085609.jpg
20200705_085551.jpg