The babies

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Weirdos! :lol:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Cats being cats... I think that if the belly is showing, the kitty is super chill and happy -- just don't ever, ever be tempted to pet the belly! Then your hand dies.
They are definitely happy babies. You can normally hear them before you can see them. Both have the loudest purr ever! I have to pet the belly, especially Boone's because his is such a Buddha belly!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Is it normal to get kittens fixed at 3 months? That seems really young to me. My vet says 6 months but Calvert Well Pet says 3 months or I risk Gracie getting mammary cancer. I really would like Well Pet to do the procedures but I don't think 3 months is an appropriate age.

When do you think is an appropriate age?

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Is it normal to get kittens fixed at 3 months? That seems really young to me. My vet says 6 months but Calvert Well Pet says 3 months or I risk Gracie getting mammary cancer. I really would like Well Pet to do the procedures but I don't think 3 months is an appropriate age.

When do you think is an appropriate age?
The rescue from whom I got Cooper and Buff does spay/neuter at 2 - 3 months, as long as the kittens are healthy and at least 2 1/2#.
I've seen information on one veterinary college site that as young as 6 months is safe, so long as kitty is that same 2 1/2#.
They said it's actually better younger as there is less body fat around the internal organs, in the case of spay.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
The rescue from whom I got Cooper and Buff does spay/neuter at 2 - 3 months, as long as the kittens are healthy and at least 2 1/2#.
I've seen information on one veterinary college site that as young as 6 months is safe, so long as kitty is that same 2 1/2#.
They said it's actually better younger as there is less body fat around the internal organs, in the case of spay.

I have seen where it says shelters will do it as young as 8 weeks to help animals get adopted. The 2 lb mark seems to be the factor, not necessarily age. Still seems pretty young at 3 months. I will probably wait until they are finished with their baby shots at the end of the month and get them scheduled for surgery in August
This view here, those spots cause me to think there is some Bengal in their heritage.
That would be awesome if they had some Bengal in them. I saw their Momma running around when I got them. She was grey with black spots. I guess if anyone near Sandy Way in SMC has a Bengal cat who got loose, you might have some grandkids you don't know about. :lol:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
This view here, those spots cause me to think there is some Bengal in their heritage.
Friend of the husband came over who actually owns a Bengal said without any prompting, they look like they have some Bengal in them. So, I am thinking they really might.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Have fun and enjoy.
I miss the days with my pubs, all have passed.
We still have four cats, but one is not doing well.
She had a seizure yesterday and rushed her to the vet.
They think it is vertigo or a brain tumor.
She is 14 yrs old.

Pic is of View attachment 148557 View attachment 148557 the good ole days.
I was rereading this thread to see how far the kittens have come. How is your girl doing now?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
They don't like it which I understand. This weekend I am going to let them have almost free range all day instead of just when I am home. Hopefully they will still sleep with me though. I like that.
Now that they aren't confined to my room, they don't sleep with me anymore. :ohwell: Once in a while I will wake up and one or both will be asleep on my pillow but it doesn't last long. They come into my room to play when I am trying to fall asleep but are usually gone by the time I do fall asleep.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Funny thing happened this morning. I still have one litter box in my room. Boone is in the box going #2. Gracie is watching. When he is done, he starts to cover it up but isn't getting any of the litter onto the poop. He is scratching at the sides more than the litter. Gracie sneaks in behind him and covers the poop up herself for him. :lol:

She is always around when he is in the litter box so now I am wondering if she always does this for him and Boone thinks he is doing it himself. I guess Gracie sees he isn't great at covering up his messes and she loves him enough to do it for him. 💘