The Beautiful Game

Commune

Wasn't it! I was about ready to flip out... another dis-allowed goal!?

Why do they have to wait till the 92nd minute, beyond regulation time, to score and go from 'about to be kicked out of world cup', to the top of their group.

Crazy.

onel0126

Bead mumbler
Wasn't it! I was about ready to flip out... another dis-allowed goal!?

Why do they have to wait till the 92nd minute, beyond regulation time, to score and go from 'about to be kicked out of world cup', to the top of their group.

Crazy.

FIFA cleary hate the US. And now we have to wait until roughly 4:00 to find out the opponent.......

Mabus

Free Rent
We play Ghana on Saturday. This is no longer the group stage....there are no ties, losers go home. The colorful African side will have an entire continent behind their back. Ghana will not be a walk-over as we expected Algeria to be and quite frankly, we were fortunate that Donovan won the foot race to the ball and got a remarkable touch on it.

I expect Ghana to come at us with an amazing attacking flair, route 1, straight up the gut. Long ball and footraces.

I expect the US to excel on two things - counterattacking and set pieces in the attacking third.

In today's match against Algeria, late in the game a very similar foul that was blown against the US in the Slovenia game (which led to the red card) was whistled and promptly contested by no less than three Algerian players. No replay of the foul itself was shown.

Around the 87th minute when Dempsey was smacked in the face, I thought the fourth official saw it and relayed it to the referee via earpiece. He simply stopped the game and sent Dempsey to the touchline for cleaning. Bad break with many things going on in that instance.

So, it's Ghana on Saturday...the same Ghana that produced Freddy Adu.

Sam's Army needs to hold strong and capitalize on the counterattack.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
We play Ghana on Saturday. This is no longer the group stage....there are no ties, losers go home. The colorful African side will have an entire continent behind their back. Ghana will not be a walk-over as we expected Algeria to be and quite frankly, we were fortunate that Donovan won the foot race to the ball and got a remarkable touch on it.

I expect Ghana to come at us with an amazing attacking flair, route 1, straight up the gut. Long ball and footraces.

I expect the US to excel on two things - counterattacking and set pieces in the attacking third.

In today's match against Algeria, late in the game a very similar foul that was blown against the US in the Slovenia game (which led to the red card) was whistled and promptly contested by no less than three Algerian players. No replay of the foul itself was shown.

Around the 87th minute when Dempsey was smacked in the face, I thought the fourth official saw it and relayed it to the referee via earpiece. He simply stopped the game and sent Dempsey to the touchline for cleaning. Bad break with many things going on in that instance.

:buddies:

smilin

BOXER NATION

Thanks for the insight, since I have no idea about the World Cup, except it's a great opportunity to scream for the USA and drink beer!
:buddies:

Mabus

Free Rent
The comeback kids have finally faltered. Not too shabby for a team that has only had the lead for ~2-3 minutes during this WC.

I didn't get to see the game, I was working a beach soccer tournament in Ocean City, but I did get to see the final 15 minutes. Bummer.

:cds: