The Big Show in Tucson...

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Yep, Obama wants a lot, yet this whole event didn't include either Arizona Senator, both Republican, it only had Democrats as speakers. Actions say a lot more than words, that being, business as usual.

That's right! Only the governor! I saw Jon Kyl in the audience, though. :confused:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
oh boy..poetry! Mine is better though:

There once was a man from Nantucket
Whose....

err...it'll keep.

MMDad

Lem Putt
It's the joke Ronny would have made of this faceless joke, remember bann you just follow along.

Tommy, I have some bad news for you. While you were in a blackout, Ronnie died.

Look at the bright side though. You are a time traveller. You crack a beer, and suddenly it's two days later and you have no idea what happened in between.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Reading through this tread this morning, I am glad to see Bann's comments about the little girl and the NY firefighter and the flag.

I did not see this farce last night, and reading the comments here I am glad that I did not. Seeing the clip on the morning news was enough to nauseate me. At first I thought, oh, where is Obama campaigning, and then I realized that he was speaking at this so-called "memorial service".

Ordinarily, I would go back and try to watch the entire thing somewhere but you know, I just don't have the stomach for it any more. Way to send a message to all of the other nutcases out there --- hey, shoot a politician, some old people and a kid and look how much exposure you get on national TV -- even the President recognizes your actions, although in a purely political way.

Sickening, just sickening...

UFB....

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Reading through this tread this morning, I am glad to see Bann's comments about the little girl and the NY firefighter and the flag.

I did not see this farce last night, and reading the comments here I am glad that I did not....

It wasn't a farce if you were looking for a pastor comforting his congregation. He did well in that role. Very well. That's just not what I seek when there is a clear problem to be addressed. It was farce, in my opinion, if you were looking for presidential leadership.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...Way to send a message to all of the other nutcases out there --- hey, shoot a politician, some old people and a kid and look how much exposure you get on national TV -- even the President recognizes your actions, although in a purely political way.

And THAT is just what crazy people are attracted to; a defining achievement that will transcend the pain and misery of their lives.

Excellent point.

thatguy

It wasn't a farce if you were looking for a pastor comforting his congregation. He did well in that role. Very well. That's just not what I seek when there is a clear problem to be addressed. It was farce, in my opinion, if you were looking for presidential leadership.

what clear problem is that, and would it be appropraite to addrerss it during a memorial?

I mean you and i have already agreed that obama's rhetoric had no part in this tragedy, so it wouldn't be appropriate to make this event a political speech about rhetoric, would it?

And we both agree that we dont need any new gun laws to come out of this.

I only saw the clips on the news this morning, but it looked like he tried to do what i would expect from any "leader", comfort the people.

Mongo53

I hope they had, or will have, another memorial that was more exclusive for the families of the victims.

It really had came off as a memorial for the Nation and talk of healing for the Nation, NOT something for the families, and I think the families were a little shorted.

There is a lot you can nit-pic about that memorial last night, but the things I did NOT like, didn't go over the line, so I would NOT state the memorial was offensive in anyway, I just think it fell short of what it should have been.

T-Shirts?
Clapping and Cheering, like a pep rally?
Long speaches were the speakers spent as much, if NOT more time, speaking about themselves and the nation, as they did the victims and comforting the families of the victims.

Rhetoric had nothing to do with it, BUT, lets talk about rhetoric anyway and how its so lofty a goal to try to make the political discourse more civil. Why even bring it up, it can come off as politicizing the tradegy, but just in a more civil way.

Sadly, and I hope I'm wrong, but I think Obama charted the Dems strategy for the next year or more, anytime they are losing the debate, they will move the debate into the lofty goals of more civil political discourse, invoking memories and emotions from the Tucson Tradegy, and how you shouldn't be critizing the Dems, no matter how much they deserve it.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

I did not see this farce last night, and reading the comments here I am glad that I did not. Seeing the clip on the morning news was enough to nauseate me. At first I thought, oh, where is Obama campaigning, and then I realized that he was speaking at this so-called "memorial service".

Ordinarily, I would go back and try to watch the entire thing somewhere but you know, I just don't have the stomach for it any more. Way to send a message to all of the other nutcases out there --- hey, shoot a politician, some old people and a kid and look how much exposure you get on national TV -- even the President recognizes your actions, although in a purely political way.

UFB....
And the press are falling over each other getting in line to kiss the Presidential ass. Never been more presidential. Never showed this much compassion. Do they have NO respect for their profession
?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
And the press are falling over each other getting in line to kiss the Presidential ass. Never been more presidential. Never showed this much compassion. Do they have NO respect for their profession
?

They are overly gratefull for any break in the drought; its been a while since Captain Zero has given them anything positive to fawn over. Fawning over him being their self-assigned task, of course.

BOP

UFB....

Yep, lots of exposure. That's before somebody takes your sorry ass out in the prison shower to make a name for themselves the way Jeffery Dahmer's killer did.

How many of us know his name?