The big wreck in the Daytona 500

Who's fault is it anyway?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B

Beaver-Cleaver

I say 100% Junyer. Had Kyle Busch or Juan Pablo done what Junyer did, NASCAR Nation would have their pitchforks out.

After seeing the replay from all the different angles a number of time, neither, none of the above. Vickers was in his right to block, regardless of what he thought Junior was attempting to do. Junior got stuck behind Vickers and just didn't get out of the throttle quick enough and caught Vickers. Unfortunate for both.

Would it have been a different outcome if I thought Junior wasn't just a bit tweaked over earlier pit incidents? Maybe. He might not have been quite so aggressive in trying to pass.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Wirelessly posted (Change we can believe in!: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7) 320x240; VZW; Motorola-Q9c; Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard)

They just did what the script told them to. It's like blaming Hulk Hogan for hurting an opponent.

If you need to blame somebody, blame the author.

willie

Wirelessly posted (Change we can believe in!: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7) 320x240; VZW; Motorola-Q9c; Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard)

They just did what the script told them to. It's like blaming Hulk Hogan for hurting an opponent.

Are you sayin NASCAR is like Rasslin?

B

Beaver-Cleaver

If racing is scripted, the author needs to be fired.

Matt Kenseth... seriously?

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
I blame it on Kyle Busch. :shrug:

Seriously, it was Junyer's fault, but it was no more flagrant than what KY did to Junebug at Richmond last spring. I really don't think Junyer was intending to cause that big of a wreck; I think his daddy's hands were on the wheel.