The Blacklist

SamSpade

A lot of people whom I knew were fans of this show have --- given up on it. I still like it, I think James Spader is just too damned cool.

This night's episode clarified everything in the show except - who is Raymond Reddington - and where is her actual mother, now that we know that -

spoiler space

The woman previously seen as her mother was NOT her but someone pretending to be her in order to protect Elizabeth and her daughter -

Two mysteries - and I am going to predict the seriously weird ass theory I have had ---

For years ---

And that is that Raymond Reddington IS her mother.

They gave all of the clues. The real Reddington, the original mark - is dead. Her mother concocted the scheme to create a Reddington - the writers TELL us specifically that this person was physically altered - we don't know where her mother is - and there's no reason whatsoever for a total stranger criminal to have such determination and devotion to her -

Unless "he" is her mother.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I didn't even know that show was still genning out new episodes. I binged it for a few seasons, then got bored and moved on.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I'm addicted.
Still a few shows behind, so I need to stop reading this thread.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
A lot of people whom I knew were fans of this show have --- given up on it. I still like it, I think James Spader is just too damned cool.

This night's episode clarified everything in the show except - who is Raymond Reddington - and where is her actual mother, now that we know that -

spoiler space

The woman previously seen as her mother was NOT her but someone pretending to be her in order to protect Elizabeth and her daughter -

Two mysteries - and I am going to predict the seriously weird ass theory I have had ---

For years ---

And that is that Raymond Reddington IS her mother.

They gave all of the clues. The real Reddington, the original mark - is dead. Her mother concocted the scheme to create a Reddington - the writers TELL us specifically that this person was physically altered - we don't know where her mother is - and there's no reason whatsoever for a total stranger criminal to have such determination and devotion to her -

Unless "he" is her mother.
Your theory does explain a lot of things.
  1. Reds burn scars on his back
  2. The real Red is dead and an imposter, who is not Ilya, has taken his place
  3. Elizabeth has Reds DNA (the fake one) and Reds DNA (the real one).

SamSpade

Your theory does explain a lot of things.
  1. Reds burn scars on his back
  2. The real Red is dead and an imposter, who is not Ilya, has taken his place
  3. Elizabeth has Reds DNA (the fake one) and Reds DNA (the real one).

Red has said I've never lied to you.

He has also said he is not her father.
BUT - he has said she IS his daughter.

You know - I really, really hope I am wrong - it is a kind of weird way to resolve it all -

Except I have thought this since Season 3. Somewhere on the Internet, I've made the comment before.

SamSpade

It's looking more - and more - that I was right. They didn't say it EXPLICITLY but they strongly implied it during the season finale.
Red actually being Katarina - every question he answered was actually correct and I predicted word for word before he said them.
She's looking at a picture of her and her mother - "someone took that picture - you were there?" "I was there" (NOT I took the picture).
"You knew her well, didn't you?" "Better than anyone".
"Why can't I know who you are until after I kill you?" "Because if I told you, you'd never agree to kill me".

And finally as Elizabeth dies - her life flashing before her - memories of each of them combining.

I knew SOMEONE was going to die - I didn't guess it would be Elizabeth. My guess was that it would be Agatha, since the only thing that could permanently embolden Elizabeth would be Townsend's men killing Agatha.

And I know one of my favorite shows is on its last legs. I've seen viewership numbers for almost every show, and they always decline over time. It's done and Red is dying, so the show is almost finished.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
So the finale is on tonight. This last season has dragged on a full year past when when it should have ended, but I had 10 years invested so I had to make it to the end.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
So the finale is on tonight. This last season has dragged on a full year past when when it should have ended, but I had 10 years invested so I had to make it to the end.
And the ending was a bigger disappointment than the ending of GOT.