The Caps D...

LordStanley

I know nothing
Well Lord Stanley I wish your team the best of luck when you play the Rangers on Saturday:killingme todays game is a different story.:lmao:

:lol:

going to be a tough game... Maybe the flyers will get lucky and Brashear wont play tonight. Which will mean we can scratch Riley Cote and bring someone in that can actually play hockey.

OldHillcrestGuy

I was in meeting and only saw the last 8 minutes of the game, but from what I saw Theodore was on his game, Ive frequently have bashed him on his play, but last night may have been his best effort this season. Its good for the Caps to beat these teams like the Flyers on their home ice with the playoffs not far off, would hope it would give them some type of confidence that they can win big games on the road. Go Caps, good win last night.:yahoo:

LastSon

Man of Tomorrow
so if the caps got the goal waved off because of goaltender interference, why was there no penalty?

Are you talking about the Caps goal that was waved off because Nylander was checked into Biron? It was ruled incidental contact, no goal, no penalty. ...unlike game 7 of last years playoffs in which Shaone Morrison was checked in Huet, incidental contact, but the goal stood for the Flyers.

Peter Forsberg

Are you talking about the Caps goal that was waved off because Nylander was checked into Biron? It was ruled incidental contact, no goal, no penalty. ...unlike game 7 of last years playoffs in which Shaone Morrison was checked in Huet, incidental contact, but the goal stood for the Flyers.
Are you crying about something that happened last season?

LordStanley

I know nothing

Im talking about the caps goal that was waved off... Not the flyers goal. I know why the flyers goal got waved off.

This is the one thing I’ve never understood about goal tender interference. If I push an opposing player into my goalie on purpose, than there should be no goalie interference assessed to the player. More so, a goal should not be disallowed because of the incidental contact...

So even being a flyers fan, I think the caps goal should have stood since Carter pushed the caps player into Biron.

BUT!!!! Since the goal was waved off for goalie interference, why was there not a penalty assed???

LordStanley

I know nothing
I was in meeting and only saw the last 8 minutes of the game, but from what I saw Theodore was on his game, Ive frequently have bashed him on his play, but last night may have been his best effort this season. Its good for the Caps to beat these teams like the Flyers on their home ice with the playoffs not far off, would hope it would give them some type of confidence that they can win big games on the road. Go Caps, good win last night.:yahoo:

It was a tough game. At times the caps looked sloppy. The flyers looked sloppy. flyers Couldnt convert on the powerplays, which hurt them.

Both goalies played great.

But Handing the puck over to Ovie standing all alone in front of the net killed us!!!

LastSon

Man of Tomorrow
Im talking about the caps goal that was waved off... Not the flyers goal. I know why the flyers goal got waved off.

This is the one thing I’ve never understood about goal tender interference. If I push an opposing player into my goalie on purpose, than there should be no goalie interference assessed to the player. More so, a goal should not be disallowed because of the incidental contact...

So even being a flyers fan, I think the caps goal should have stood since Carter pushed the caps player into Biron.

BUT!!!! Since the goal was waved off for goalie interference, why was there not a penalty assed???

Yeah, that rule is really inconsistent in the way that it is called...well pretty much every rule in the NHL is for that matter. I'm trying to remember, but I think there was another instance of goal tender interference in a recent Caps game and the penalty was assessed. I want to say that last night they didn't call the penalty because Nylander's contact was considered incidental due to the Carter push, so no penalty, no goal.