The Climate Kid

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Wondering where her parents are and why they are allowing their daughter to be exploited?

This is one screwed up "family" and both daughters are quite ill. Her celebrity mother wrote a book about them:

"In Scenes from the Heart, when Greta eventually starts eating again, she only allows herself certain foods. Her mother has to prepare the same food every day for Greta to bring to school and keep in the school refrigerator: pancakes filled with rice. Greta will eat them only if there is no sticker with her name on the container: stickers, paper and newspapers trigger Greta’s OCD against eating. "

The whole piece is sad and makes me hate the Leftists even more for victimizing this child. Especially when we know she has a shelf life and they'll throw her away when they're done with her.

acommondisaster

Wondering where her parents are and why they are allowing their daughter to be exploited?

Probably because some other whacko parents already got the TV deal to televise a "gender reassignment" reality show, so they came up with this. They're not allowing her to be exploited; they're exploiting her themselves. Started back before the book deal.

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
"What would normally be a 10-minute walk to dance class takes almost an hour because Beata insists on walking with her left foot in front, refuses to step on certain parts of the sidewalk, and demands that her mother walk the same way. She also insists that her mother wait outside during class—she isn’t allowed to move, even to go to the bathroom. The child still ends up weeping in her mother’s arms."

I guess the girl is paying more attention as to what mommy is doing, rather than her dance classes. Mommy caters too much.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
These parents are just like the parents who have the trans kids. They're mentally ill. They are the sports moms/dance moms/helicopter moms gone (even more) amok.

They can't live their own lives in any meaningful way for whatever reason, so they're doing it through their children, and they've done it for so long - it's gone way overboard and beyond ridiculous. They're sick and should be put away.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
"What would normally be a 10-minute walk to dance class takes almost an hour because Beata insists on walking with her left foot in front, refuses to step on certain parts of the sidewalk, and demands that her mother walk the same way. She also insists that her mother wait outside during class—she isn’t allowed to move, even to go to the bathroom. The child still ends up weeping in her mother’s arms."

I guess the girl is paying more attention as to what mommy is doing, rather than her dance classes. Mommy caters too much.
She created that monster. :yay:

Society is reaping what we have sown over the last 20 years indulging the precious little angels: doing everything for them, removing all semblance of uncomfortableness, making sure they get a prize for just existing.

In our own family's case, I went against that grain, that sentiment continuously over the past 20 years and thank God I did. I have a well adjusted, responsible (mostly! :biggrin:) , gainfully employed and great 22 year old. He never got a prize for his mere existence. He was held accountable for his actions. I'm so proud of him and how he lives his life.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
She created that monster. :yay:

Society is reaping what we have sown over the last 20 years indulging the precious little angels: doing everything for them, removing all semblance of uncomfortableness, making sure they get a prize for just existing.

In our own family's case, I went against that grain, that sentiment continuously over the past 20 years and thank God I did. I have a well adjusted, responsible (mostly! :biggrin:) , gainfully employed and great 22 year old. He never got a prize for his mere existence. He was held accountable for his actions. I'm so proud of him and how he lives his life.
Mine was also on that route, until things changed...

Hijinx

She is not so special.
Insanity is an old theme.

I feel some pity for her but I cannot dwell too much on her case.
Fact is she is mentally ill and her parents probably are too.
Her parents probably caused her insanity.
I only wish the courts would take charge of her , and place her somewhere so she could get help before she inevitably dies.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
These parents are just like the parents who have the trans kids. They're mentally ill. They are the sports moms/dance moms/helicopter moms gone (even more) amok.

They are all those weird Munchausen mommies in Middletown who used to sit around and use their kids to out-sick each other.

My kid has ADD.
MY kid has ADD AND asthma.
That's nothing, my kid has ADHD, AND asthma, AND peanut allergies.
Well my kid has.....

it's fascinating and disturbing.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
While I concur - in the main - with @Hijinx's post, Greta isn't insane. Yes, she has mental health challenges, but insanity isn't one of them.

As far as the "public aspect" of this story goes, the most disturbing aspect to a very disturbing story is that this young lady has Asperger's. There was an excellent thread on Twitter yesterday that outlined in very clear terms why what her parents are doing in putting Greta on the world stage is nothing short of CHILD ABUSE. (If I can find it again, I'll post the link. It does an excellent job of showing - from a mental health standpoint - why the "use" of this young lady is so disturbing and so unhealthy.)

People who are on the autism spectrum cannot deal with nuance. And they are hyper-literal. To tell Greta that the world is ending due to climate change rings unequivocally real to her. And folks wonder why she also suffers from depression and anxiety...?

C.H.I.L.D. A.B.U.S.E.

That people are applauding her "public life" is appalling.

--- End of line (MCP)

Hijinx

While I concur - in the main - with @Hijinx's post, Greta isn't insane. Yes, she has mental health challenges, but insanity isn't one of them.

As far as the "public aspect" of this story goes, the most disturbing aspect to a very disturbing story is that this young lady has Asperger's. There was an excellent thread on Twitter yesterday that outlined in very clear terms why what her parents are doing in putting Greta on the world stage is nothing short of CHILD ABUSE. (If I can find it again, I'll post the link. It does an excellent job of showing - from a mental health standpoint - why the "use" of this young lady is so disturbing and so unhealthy.)

People who are on the autism spectrum cannot deal with nuance. And they are hyper-literal. To tell Greta that the world is ending due to climate change rings unequivocally real to her. And folks wonder why she also suffers from depression and anxiety...?

C.H.I.L.D. A.B.U.S.E.

That people are applauding her "public life" is appalling.

--- End of line (MCP)

Well you know the people who are applauding.

gemma_rae

And they are hyper-literal. To tell Greta that the world is ending due to climate change rings unequivocally real to her. And folks wonder why she also suffers from depression and anxiety...?

--- End of line (MCP)
She has become phobic, which by definition is an irrational fear, and any clinician will tell you depression and anxiety go hand in hand with phobia.

The Left are sick and depraved heartless ghouls. They demonstrate it every day.

She has become phobic, which by definition is an irrational fear, and any clinician will tell you depression and anxiety go hand in hand with phobia.

The Left are sick and depraved heartless ghouls. They demonstrate it every day.
Well, that's an interesting thought.... are leftists actions considered sick because it's just their opinion, or is there actually a brain sickness that manifests as leftist actions?

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.

I would reword this from "Democrats" to "The Left." Nevertheless, the point stands.

--- End of line (MCP)

gemma_rae

Well, that's an interesting thought.... are leftists actions considered sick because it's just their opinion, or is there actually a brain sickness that manifests as leftist actions?
Mental illness is not always traceable back to an organic illness, and you know the lefties don't have individual opinions, just collective.

Does that answer your inquiry sufficiently or do you require more detail?