The Complaint

SamSpade

Having said that, if Trump did release the transcript it would still be seen as a bit of a win (at the minimum) by the mischief makers: foreign leaders might now be reticent to take/make calls with Trump (and oh, btw, future Presidents).

And again - they don't see the consequences of their actions.

SamSpade

I, and at least one other person here in our cozy little forum, have been in a cult. A real, no-kidding, brainwashing type religious cult. This ain't it.

Raising hand. Yup. Didn't know about you. But yeah, almost ten years in, 30 years out as of last month. MANY friends and family - still in.

I don't know if I'd call anything in the political arena in the United States cult-like, with ONE exception - the whole dialogue on climate change.
NOTHING more precisely resembles cult behavior than the left's "science is settled" attitude about it.

Well, that, and its worship of Obama, but that's more what we would call a "cult of personality" where it revolves singularly around ONE person.

Reactions: BOP

Midnightrider

Raising hand. Yup. Didn't know about you. But yeah, almost ten years in, 30 years out as of last month. MANY friends and family - still in.

I don't know if I'd call anything in the political arena in the United States cult-like, with ONE exception - the whole dialogue on climate change.
NOTHING more precisely resembles cult behavior than the left's "science is settled" attitude about it.

Well, that, and its worship of Obama, but that's more what we would call a "cult of personality" where it revolves singularly around ONE person.
Cult 45 has a serious hold on Trumpers. No matter what he says or does they listen for their talking points and then parrot whatever he has tweeted out as fact. They oscillate between ‘he didn’t say that’ and ‘even if he did say it it’s true’ often in the same sentence. Reality doesn’t matter.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Since I posted on HRC's self-own, let's post one for Bill....

"We may not know the identity of this 'Ukraine' whistleblower, but Bill wants to remind everyone that....

--- End of line (MCP)