The Cowboys want Ray Lewis

angelbaby

Sporting News staff reports

The Dallas Cowboys are very interested in acquiring Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis, the Baltimore Sun reports.

The newspaper reports the Cowboys could be willing to give Lewis a three-year deal worth between $27 million and $30 million, with $25 million guaranteed.

In addition to his on-field skills, Lewis's personality makes him attractive to the Cowboys. Jerry Jones is said to believe Lewis could help solve the team's problems inside the locker room, the Sun reports.

The Ravens are expected to begin contract negotiations with Lewis, who is in the last year of his contract, shortly after the Super Bowl.

I doubt he will leave the Ravens, but who knows money talks.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If Jerry Jones wants to pay $25 mil for one, maybe, MAYBE two years, good for him.

Dallas has none of the monsters a linebacker wants on the D line to keep the O linemen off of him. Ray threatened to leave the Ravens until they got Ngata.

Dallas has no super star safety. Dallas has no Suggs. No Scott.

The Cowboys are not short a 34 year old linebacker who was good, yet clearly declining, on a great defense.

We'll see.

Sporting News staff reports

The Dallas Cowboys are very interested in acquiring Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis, the Baltimore Sun reports.

The newspaper reports the Cowboys could be willing to give Lewis a three-year deal worth between $27 million and $30 million, with $25 million guaranteed.

In addition to his on-field skills, Lewis's personality makes him attractive to the Cowboys. Jerry Jones is said to believe Lewis could help solve the team's problems inside the locker room, the Sun reports.

The Ravens are expected to begin contract negotiations with Lewis, who is in the last year of his contract, shortly after the Super Bowl.

I doubt he will leave the Ravens, but who knows money talks.

I seriously doubt he will leave the Ravens... he is a loyalist and bleeds black and purple. I just don't see it happening.

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
He won't leave. That's practically HIS team. If he left for $$ now, it would not sit well with his fans, who are good to have when you are retired, and who probably hate Dallas as much as the Skin's fans do.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
If Jerry Jones wants to pay $25 mil for one, maybe, MAYBE two years, good for him.

Dallas has none of the monsters a linebacker wants on the D line to keep the O linemen off of him. Ray threatened to leave the Ravens until they got Ngata.

Dallas has no super star safety. Dallas has no Suggs. No Scott.

The Cowboys are not short a 34 year old linebacker who was good, yet clearly declining, on a great defense.

We'll see.

I HATE, and I mean HATE DALLAS!!! But, I have to disagree with the Dallas has no Suggs, Scott...

I believe his name is DeMarcus Ware, and I wish the redskins would pick him up somehow :lmao: He is THE ONLY cowboy that could come to the Skins that I wouldn't hate his first 5 years....or longer :lmao:

Beta84

They're out to get us
Dallas is being ridiculous. They already spent some monster money last offseason because they figured they could load up for the uncapped season of 2010. What happens if a cap comes in and they've got these guys signed for $20mil each? Are they going to field a 5 man squad and have a bunch of minimum wage players? Or are they going to be able to cut these guys without much penalty? So stupid.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Dallas is being ridiculous. They already spent some monster money last offseason because they figured they could load up for the uncapped season of 2010. What happens if a cap comes in and they've got these guys signed for $20mil each? Are they going to field a 5 man squad and have a bunch of minimum wage players? Or are they going to be able to cut these guys without much penalty? So stupid.

Depends how you structure the deal, with no cap in 2010, pay it all to them then, and make their salaries for the other years more tolerable.. I think a lot of teams are going to shoot for that, BUT......there is also "supposed rumor" of a strike year after that by the owners due to all the salaries going through the roof.... So :shrug:, nothing would really surprise me

Beta84

They're out to get us
Depends how you structure the deal, with no cap in 2010, pay it all to them then, and make their salaries for the other years more tolerable.. I think a lot of teams are going to shoot for that, BUT......there is also "supposed rumor" of a strike year after that by the owners due to all the salaries going through the roof.... So :shrug:, nothing would really surprise me

Right and that's what they're doing (more money in 2010, 2011, etc). But what happens if there ends up being a cap? I guess you just cut the players, but that still slashes into your cap space for the season you release them.

I hope there isn't a strike! :jameo:

angelbaby said:
money talks.
'nuff said right there. B'more can say bye-bye to him.

Told ya so.

Baltimore Sun said:
Ray Lewis told the NFL Network on Wednesday that he wouldn't give the Ravens a hometown discount in free agency and considered the Dallas Cowboys and New York Jets as attractive options.

But Lewis said there would be no discounts. "I don't play less," Lewis told the NFL Network in Hawaii, where he will play in the Pro Bowl. "If you don't play less, you don't take less. That's just life."