The Difference

SmallTown

Football season!
Re: Family Safety/Political Viability

Originally posted by penncam

How many times did he lie, dance around, deny involvement(I never had sex with that woman!), attempt to confuse issues(It depends what the meaning of the word "is", is.) Most of it was done to protect/save his political viability.

He should have shot Monica... Could have claimed that she was some sex-crazed lunatic.. She attacked him and he felt that she would try to bite off his penis in an attempt to seriously hurt or kill him. So while she was waxing the presidential staff, he pulls out his 9mm and puts a bullet in her head.

I'm starting to like the republican way of thinking.. If he had just done this, the whole Monica story would have never happened and we wouldn't have to keep seeing images of her stained blue dress and keep hearing about how she cared for him, blah blah blah..

As for the others?? he should go to prison for what he did.. Not because he cheated and lied about it all, but for being with such
U G L Y women! Thats why Bob Dole would have been a good president.. NOBODY would want to get with anyways so he could focus his time and energy on being president

SmallTown

Football season!
Re: Re: Re: Family Safety/Political Viability

Originally posted by justhangn

BTW (back to the other conversation about the deviant with the knife) it's been proven that someone, with the correct mindset, can cover 21 feet in 1.5 seconds.

A really good athlete can cover about 40 feet in that time frame.. But most athletes are not timed with a weapon in their hand, so that number could go down a little bit.

J

justhangn

Re: Re: Re: Re: Family Safety/Political Viability

Originally posted by SmallTown

A really good athlete can cover about 40 feet in that time frame.. But most athletes are not timed with a weapon in their hand, so that number could go down a little bit.

The first half of the tape is devoted to the "Tueller Drill." The "Tueller drill" is named for Sgt. Dennis Tueller, Salt Lake City Police, who also appears in this video. In 1983, he published the article "How Close Is Too Close" in SWAT magazine (Survival Weapons and Tactics). In this article, he discussed the results of a series of tests he had run. His tests showed that, with people of various ages, weights, and heights, they could on average close a distance of 21 feet in about 1.5 seconds. That time -- 1.5 seconds -- happened to be the "drill time" taught by Jeff Cooper at GunSite for drawing a handgun and firing two aimed shots. Knowing that people who have been shot do not always -- or perhaps even often -- fall down instantly, or otherwise stop dead in their tracks, Tueller concluded that a person armed with a knife or club at the so called "intermediate range" of 21 feet was a potentially lethal threat. The "Tueller drill" is now a standard part of all of Ayoob's LFI classes.

http://www.recguns.com/Sources/XI3.html

SmallTown

Football season!
crap, so much for my theory about "men of law" getting special treatment in the courts..

http://www.wjla.com/news/showstory.hrb?f=n&s=60072&f1=loc

funny how the story starts "Lynch was talking to the pair, police said, when a struggle broke out and his handgun discharged" almost saying it was an accident

then later his lawyer is baffled by the conviction because it was self defense..

so which was it?? did the gun go off by mistake, or did he pull the trigger in "self defense"?

J

justhangn

so which was it?? did the gun go off by mistake, or did he pull the trigger in "self defense"?

Something stinks about this story, too few details.

demsformd

All I have to say is that liberals love their family just as much as conservatives. It is absolutely false to say that since I am liberal I do not love my family. I would kill myself for my family as would most of us liberals. But to prove my point about things, the whole scenario proves liberals think more than conservatives. :smile:

Delilah903

Originally posted by Kain99
And... People wonder why crime is totally out of control. Maybe the sniper has issues, maybe his Mommy was mean or maybe he lost his job! My solution: Just shoot everybody who even looks remotely suspicious! You know they did something at one time or another to deserve it!:wink:

Yeah!! Just kill em' all and let God sort em' out!!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by demsformd
But to prove my point about things, the whole scenario proves liberals think more than conservatives. :smile:
And it also proves that conservatives take care of the problem while liberals are "thinking". :smile:

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
It also shows that there may be a bit of Darwinism at work here...

With such a convoluted thought process, an indecisive nature, and a little luck the "Liberal" animal will go extinct in the next few decades. :biggrin:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Originally posted by vraiblonde

And it also proves that conservatives take care of the problem while liberals are "thinking". :smile:
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :clap: :clap: Vraiblonde, youdo have a way with words! Did that statement come as a bolt out of the blue, or from a deep-seated gut feeling you've always believed in? I only wish I'd have gotten in to say it first!! I'm deeply jealous of your insight.
Halfway seriously, though, it DOES seem the Democraps are SO much more interested in debating the issues,
Ad Nauseum, than taking action. Then, it seems to be too little, too late - or not enough action. Wasn't there a song on the radio
that describes a solution to the Democraps delema-"A little less talk, and a lot more action"?
penncam

demsformd

Yeah the conservatives take irresponsible action like cutting taxes for their corporate cronies and cause the largest budget surplus in the nation to become a large deficit. They ignore the economy and do not care about those of us in the middle class. A liberal leaves office and before 9/11, the number of unemployed workers rose by a million under the guidance of a conservative who "takes action." Maybe y'all should think a little more before you talk and speak.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by demsformd
Yeah the conservatives take irresponsible action like cutting taxes for their corporate cronies and cause the largest budget surplus in the nation to become a large deficit. They ignore the economy and do not care about those of us in the middle class. A liberal leaves office and before 9/11, the number of unemployed workers rose by a million under the guidance of a conservative who "takes action." Maybe y'all should think a little more before you talk and speak.

Oh, how deceptive can we be. Have you forgotten about the emergency expenditures the nation has incurred? These were not because of the tax cut but because of the attacks of 9/11/2001 and our war against terrorism. I also guess that you forgot that your personal tax liability was reduced and will continue to drop, then hold for the duration the Bush plan is in effect.

Now about the employment issue you raised. During the period in question, the time Bush took office until 9/11/2001, the unemployed levels did in fact increase by 1 million or so bodies. But you failed to mention that during the same period the workforce grew by 2.6 million bodies. At least according to the Department of Labor BLS. So in actuality there were 1.6 million jobs created during that timeframe.

Get off of it and learn a little more about the topic before you talk about something that you apparently have no knowledge of. You might as well just further your alliance with the children that have an equal knowledge base as you.

What is irresponsible is leaving even 1 extra penny of our money in the hands of the Democratically controlled Senate for them to squander.

H

Heretic

Liberals seem to forget the that the economy was in downturn with almost a year left in Clintons term. And not to mention that the economy wasnt as good as previously thought during his term due to all of the false income reports (Enron, Worldcom, etc etc).

I read a book the other day that pretty much says there was never a surplus to begin with but the politicians (dems and repubs) found a new way to cook the books to make it seem like there was. Neither party would refute it because they both got more money to spend. Im not sure I would go quite that far but it makes alot of sense.

Most liberals need to take a statistics class I always find them spouting off irrelevent statistics that only tell a partial truth. You can make any point if you only give half of the story to any statistic. This is one thing that liberals and the religious right have in common, only using part of the story to push their agenda and spouting off meaningless statistics that the person uneducated in statistics reacts to. As a scientist I find it appalling when someone misuses a scientific survey.

Its funny that the far left "thinks" so much about issues but then uses knee jerk reactions from groups of the uneducated to get elected.

Last edited by a moderator:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Originally posted by Ken King

Get off of it and learn a little more about the topic before you talk about something that you apparently have no knowledge of. You might as well just further your alliance with the children that have an equal knowledge base as you.

What is irresponsible is leaving even 1 extra penny of our money in the hands of the Democratically controlled Senate for them to squander.
:duh: Ken, I'm getting a moderate "feel" for where this is going. Let me see if I can stay one step ahead of this. Is it possible Ms. Berry and demsformd are related to each other in some fashion? There appears to be a common thread both of them share, and that seems to be spouting about what ever jumps into their gray matter(real or imagined) after reading a previous post, just to appear knowledgeable. Like I said, it's only a moderate feeling..............I could be wrong...
penncam

Ken King

PREMO Member
Originally posted by penncam

:duh: Ken, I'm getting a moderate "feel" for where this is going. Let me see if I can stay one step ahead of this. Is it possible Ms. Berry and demsformd are related to each other in some fashion? There appears to be a common thread both of them share, and that seems to be spouting about what ever jumps into their gray matter(real or imagined) after reading a previous post, just to appear knowledgeable. Like I said, it's only a moderate feeling..............I could be wrong...
penncam

I have no idea if they are related to each other, are the same person, or suffer from the same malady (effects from senility or puberty), nor do I care. To me they are pimples on the butt of our society needing to be squeezed and popped to relieve the suffering they inflict.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by Kyle
It also shows that there may be a bit of Darwinism at work here...

With such a convoluted thought process, an indecisive nature, and a little luck the "Liberal" animal will go extinct in the next few decades. :biggrin:

Depends on how you look at that. Considering the democratic view on gun control, would could assume that if someone is threatening you with a gun and you shoot them, the odds are the one you shot was a republican.. But we always thought that the people in South Central L.A. would wipe themselves out with all of the shootings, but they seem to be going strong still, so I guess the lack of birth control can offset the number of needless killings.. Maybe this is the basis for the strong anti-abortion views of the republicans? Maybe they should just change their view and say that only regsitered democrats could have an abortion?? That way both sides win.. Dems will be happy that the abortions go through, and the repubs will laugh as the dems thin themselves out.. Sometimes giving the oppostion exactly what they want is the greatest path to victory.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by Ken King

I have no idea if they are related to each other, are the same person, or suffer from the same malady (effects from senility or puberty), nor do I care. To me they are pimples on the butt of our society needing to be squeezed and popped to relieve the suffering they inflict.

It is known that if you pop a pimple, it can not only become infected but often spreads to other areas.. So are you saying you want them to be popped and spread out and infect even more people?

Cute visual though.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Butt cheek pimples HaH!!

So are you saying you want them to be popped and spread out and infect even more people?
:barf: Ah, no... I really don't think that it qualifies as a cute visual; rueful, scary, maybe, but not cute. Halloween's on the horizon, but the Dems have been wearing THEIR masks for ages.
Actually, there is one strain I've been noticing for some years now from the Dems: They have been stepping up the scare tactics on the older, retired, fixed-income
folks out there. They've been harping on health care coverage, prices for prescription drugs, social security, etc. There is a sector of people in America who are ripe for tripe,(ow!) and I'm sure you all know the Dems are not afraid to exploit it with any and all lies they can conjure up.
:cheesy:
penncam

Ken King

PREMO Member

It is known that if you pop a pimple, it can not only become infected but often spreads to other areas.. So are you saying you want them to be popped and spread out and infect even more people?

Cute visual though.

Nope, I hadn't looked at the medical implications, only that I see them as a blockage of the pore of free thinking and life within our society. If left alone they will fester and cause pain when a simple squeezing and a thorough cleansing afterwards (for the medical implications you pointed out) can relieve the pain and suffering they cause.