The easiest way to ruin your life...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
...is to become part of reality TV.

I feel sorry for Kate. I watched a bit of the show back in the day and she was pretty much a single parent trying to corral all those kids. Jon was lazy and typically encouraged them into bad public behavior, which Kate would put the kibosh on and then the pressbots would whine about how mean she was. Honestly I'd have snapped his worthless head off too.

I just feel like fame is never worth it.

Clem72

...is to become part of reality TV.

I feel sorry for Kate. I watched a bit of the show back in the day and she was pretty much a single parent trying to corral all those kids. Jon was lazy and typically encouraged them into bad public behavior, which Kate would put the kibosh on and then the pressbots would whine about how mean she was. Honestly I'd have snapped his worthless head off too.

I just feel like fame is never worth it.
I didn't watch the show, but I was aware of it. I did see some on the guy's interview. He basically said the producers hated him because he quickly got sick of the whole thing and he didn't really want himself or his family to be on the show anymore, so they took every opportunity to make him look bad. He said she divorced him and while he had to use his own money to find a lawyer the network funded her lawyer to make sure she would get custody of the kids so the show would continue.

No clue if any of it's true, but it wouldn't be the first time a "stage mother" ran roughshod over her husband to get what she wanted.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I never watched it or 19 Kids and Counting. Look how that turned out as well.