The first social media babies are adults now. Some are pushing for laws to protect kids from their parents’ oversharing

TPD

the poor dad
This is CNN:
Nothing about her life was off-limits, including her tantrums, her medical diagnoses and the fact that she’s adopted, said Barrett, who uses the pronouns she and they.
Some children of family vloggers are living in homes that feel like sets and with parents who double as their bosses, said McCarty, who uses the pronouns them and they.
Is it really necessary to include your pronouns in a written article?? According to CNN it seems the answer is yes.

TPD

the poor dad
Parents are supposed to humiliate their kids - even if that includes sharing your first period on fakefriends. This goes along the same lines as the state taking medical decision-making concerning trans-surgeries away from parents. As long as parents are not abusing their kids, you have to let them raise them as they see fit IMO. Is oversharing abuse? We can debate that until the end of time I guess. But we are raising kids these days to live and die by social media, so do they really have a right to complain about their parents. I think we need to start with a flat out ban on cell phones in schools. Maybe no kid under 16 should be allowed to own one. But I'm an old geezer so what do I know.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Parents are supposed to humiliate their kids - even if that includes sharing your first period on fakefriends. This goes along the same lines as the state taking medical decision-making concerning trans-surgeries away from parents. As long as parents are not abusing their kids, you have to let them raise them as they see fit IMO. Is oversharing abuse? We can debate that until the end of time I guess. But we are raising kids these days to live and die by social media, so do they really have a right to complain about their parents. I think we need to start with a flat out ban on cell phones in schools. Maybe no kid under 16 should be allowed to own one. But I'm an old geezer so what do I know.
Although I somewhat agree, I never overshared about my kid. I don't now at all.

Something extremely horrible happened to my kid at a young age. If I hadn't gotten to her first, she would have found out about it on FB. That was due to other people going OMG!!! Did you hear???

Also, I never agreed for her to have it then.

Reactions: TPD

Grumpy

... I think we need to start with a flat out ban on cell phones in schools. Maybe no kid under 16 should be allowed to own one.
Totally on board with that but the bubble parents will never go for it.

Reactions: TPD

Makavide

Not too talkative
Finland is going to try…

Florida limited use last year:
No phones during lesson time, unless teacher okays
No access to social media site via school networks