THE GEOPOLITICS OF GREEN ENERGY

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

MANAGERIAL LIBERALISM’S HIDDEN AGENDA IN THE GLOBAL WAR​

Apologies in advance if this observation is obvious or someone else has already made this point more articulately than I do here. It does seem like an obvious observation, but somehow it only occurred to me just today. And I don’t recall seeing anyone else make exactly this point elsewhere. So, I’ll put it out there in case it’s useful to anyone.

Energy is essential to the world of equity and just redistribution proposed in the utopian vision of managerial liberalism, with its bureaucratic paternalism, social engineering, and administrative state. There will be somehow a continuous supply of the energy needed to support whatever social order the wise experts and planners deem necessary for us all. At the moment, the richest, most efficient sources of energy come from ancient layers of dinosaur juice under the surface of the earth. And there does still seem to be a pretty good supply of such dinosaur juice going forward for some time into the future. Certainly, it’s reasonable to object that on a finite planet the source of such dinosaur juice isn’t going to be infinite, but those who proffer such objections are often, as Julian Simon used to observe, looking at the question more like an engineer than an economist: neglecting to foresee how human ingenuity can increase use efficiency, discover more economical mining techniques, and even discover new forms of dinosaur juice energy sources. Petroleum has only been in wide use for about a century and a half – who knows what else humans might hit upon, given the proper incentives.