The Great Cookie Scandal

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Been hearing about it on the radio for the last couple days, which is at least two days too long for as boring a story as this is:

Some women's magazine runs a Presidential cookie contest, where candidates and/or spouses submit a cookie recipe, then readers vote on which one is best.

Well.

Cindy McCain's recipe was for Oatmeal Scotchies - yes, the recipe from the back of the Hershey's butterscotch chip bag - and Bill Clinton submitted an oatmeal cookie recipe that was printed somewhere else, too. Now, there was no rule that said the cookie had to be an original recipe, and how many ways can you make an oatmeal cookie, anyway? Michelle Obama submitted a shortbread recipe that is almost certainly from somewhere else - how many different ways can you make shortbread? But the news people don't seem to care about her, just Cindy and Bill.

The stuff the media gloms onto, I swear. :rolleyes:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Been hearing about it on the radio for the last couple days, which is at least two days too long for as boring a story as this is:

Some women's magazine runs a Presidential cookie contest, where candidates and/or spouses submit a cookie recipe, then readers vote on which one is best.

Well.

Cindy McCain's recipe was for Oatmeal Scotchies - yes, the recipe from the back of the Hershey's butterscotch chip bag - and Bill Clinton submitted an oatmeal cookie recipe that was printed somewhere else, too. Now, there was no rule that said the cookie had to be an original recipe, and how many ways can you make an oatmeal cookie, anyway? Michelle Obama submitted a shortbread recipe that is almost certainly from somewhere else - how many different ways can you make shortbread? But the news people don't seem to care about her, just Cindy and Bill.

If you ask me to provide a 'favorite' recipe, you aren't going to get one of mine, because i don't have one. I have hundreds of favorites, and I haven't written a single one of them.

Carroll Shelby provides me with my Chili Recipe.

Hersheys my cookie recipe.. (though BG's Raspberry Chocolate Chip kicks Hershey's azz!!)

Spaghetti..right from my Uncles, and Campbells soup...

I don't have a single recipe I can call my own.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!

Well.

LOL, so what you're saying is you want to extend it another day...:whistle:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga

Well.

Yeah, they're definitely stretching on this one!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have to give Cindy credit for good taste in cookies, though. Oatmeal Scotchies are yummy!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's her addition of powdered Vicoden and Percocet that really improves upon the original!

I thought you lefties liked drug addicts? Always sticking up for them, wanting to spend taxpayer money for their care and feeding, trying to get drugs legalized so druggies won't go to jail.

So why hate on Cindy McCain?

Kerad

I thought you lefties liked drug addicts? Always sticking up for them, wanting to spend taxpayer money for their care and feeding, trying to get drugs legalized so druggies won't go to jail.

So why hate on Cindy McCain?

Hate? There was no hate. There was praise...but no hate.