The Gull is Gone

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We lost the Gull not only to crappy economy but also to an owner that was a biatch! Yelling and cursing at the help in sight and earshot of the clientele is never good for business.

Never seemed to bother anyone for the last 20 years.

frequentflier

happy to be living
As a member of the Solomons Business Association, I can tell you that I received an email about the closing; a day or so before it was in the newspaper. It was sad news; I know the owner and patronized/ broke bread there with some friends last month. I also hate to see another small business throw in the towel but I do know that Solomons businesses have noticed a decrease in traffic since more big chain restaurants are being built in the area.
Small businesses are supposed to be America's backbone. We cannot survive without the support of the local communities. Please keep that in mind the next time you walk into a big box store or restaurant.

Last edited:

Hazel

I liked the Naughty Gull, would take the kids there and they liked it too. The last few times I went, there were no other tables taken though. I thought it was just a fall/winter thing. Too bad.