The GYROBALL!!!!

The Dude

You mean coitus?
bobbyflatliner said:
With Dice-K coming into the league,
the controversy of the gyroball has erupted.
does it exist?

Total farce...if you believe it is a real pitch, you don't know much about pitching.

bobbyflatliner

I know enough to know it is not real... I was simply asking a question. It has been shown to be a glorified screwball. The ball can be thrown, with the "rifling" spin, as if it was a bullet, but it does not, and has not, shown to drop and dive the way it was said to do...

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
bobbyflatliner said:
With Dice-K coming into the league,
the controversy of the gyroball has erupted.
does it exist?

He better come up with something. If he chokes the way he did the other night, he's going to be the beantown laughingstock.

donbarzini

It's a change that he throws like Mussina's knuckle-curve. The big deal about it is the difference in speed. There's a bigger difference between his fastball and change than Pedro had in his heyday. Dice's fastball tops around 93. The change comes in at 73 with a fastball arm motion and rotation. At 20 miles an hr slower he's gonna make a lot of hitters look foolish. At least the 1st time through the league.

The Dude

You mean coitus?
bobbyflatliner said:
I know enough to know it is not real... I was simply asking a question. It has been shown to be a glorified screwball. The ball can be thrown, with the "rifling" spin, as if it was a bullet, but it does not, and has not, shown to drop and dive the way it was said to do...

If you know it doesn't exist, they why ask if it does? :smack:
bobbyflatliner said:
With Dice-K coming into the league, the controversy of the gyroball has erupted does it exist?

Or are you just not sure what you are asking? Do you know what's going on? Do we know whats going on? Do we know that you know that you don't know what's happening? Does Dice-K know that you know that you don't know? :jameo: