The HEAT is on.....

Beta84

They're out to get us
Great game. Wasn't thrilled with the no call on James at the end, but such are the breaks. I hope we get 3 or 4 more games like that one, and I hope James and Durant stay out of foul trouble and on the court.

And what about the call prior to that where Durant clearly charged Battier but they called it a blocking foul? Durant shouldn't have even been in the game because he should have fouled out! Such are the breaks.

I love that everyone complains they should "let them play" at the end so the refs don't impact the game, but those same people get up in arms if an important foul isn't called. We can't have it both ways. :shrug:

And what about the call prior to that where Durant clearly charged Battier but they called it a blocking foul? Durant shouldn't have even been in the game because he should have fouled out! Such are the breaks.

I love that everyone complains they should "let them play" at the end so the refs don't impact the game, but those same people get up in arms if an important foul isn't called. We can't have it both ways. :shrug:

I don't ask to have it both ways. I ask that they try their best to call the game the same regardless of what minute of the game their in. And, as I said, such are the breaks - they can't get them all right, and I'm entirely willing to live with some calls being missed.

If you're talking about the same play I'm thinking about earlier, it should have been a no call but you could argue it either way. The last play was pretty clearly a foul of James though. They missed it, but that's okay - it'll probably make for a more interesting series. I never suggested that it was the only missed call in the game, it clearly wasn't (e.g. the goaltending call on Ibaka was wrong).

thurley42

HY;FR
TE thunder need to put handcuffs on Westbrook. He takes way too many bad shots at the worst times. Good game though

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What I question is, if Wade and Bosh had joined LeBron in Cleveland, would they beat on Wade and Bosh for changing teams? .

"They", I, would be fine with that. Wade reached the top in Miami and he is no longer one of the top handful of players. He's still top 10 but, not top five. The WHOLE story was about LaBron and getting it done in Cleveland. It doesn't matter where Bosh goes; he's just another top 20 guy. It's more objectionable to me that Garnet went to Boston without getting it done in Minnesota but, that's, again, a good full step down from LaBron.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Only one good thing about Miami sports, and that be the U. All the pro teams are front runners only, and always.

South Beach has different sports that are second to none, however......especially swimsuit model prospectives.....

thurley42

HY;FR
Only one good thing about Miami sports, and that be the U. All the pro teams are front runners only, and always.

South Beach has different sports that are second to none, however......especially swimsuit model prospectives.....

Yeah the way the U pays for players abortions and has their own bounty program and off shore orgies. A program second to none!!!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah the way the U pays for players abortions and has their own bounty program and off shore orgies. A program second to none!!!

Let's be honest, here. Miami was just a little more forward and open with their 'student/athlete" benefits packages. It's no coincidence that Notre Dame has all but disappeared from elite football status as they cut back on some of their excesses.

:buddies:

Beta84

They're out to get us

Way to throw stones from Ohio State's glass house that only cost the head coach, who everyone worshipped, his job. OSU, the definition of a clean program! :lol:

BTW, I didn't know there were women on the Canes football team. Maybe that explains their performance the past few years. :jet: (or have men started getting abortions too?).

smts

Let's be honest, here. Miami was just a little more forward and open with their 'student/athlete" benefits packages. It's no coincidence that Notre Dame has all but disappeared from elite football status as they cut back on some of their excesses.

The U is no way the program it used to be. I went there, husband, mother in law so were talking a long time ago. They do continue to produce great athletes but, you are correct, Miami is not the only school that has "benefits" for the players - they are the only ones who got caught. Just because you don't get caught doesn't mean it's not wrong.

As for the Heat, Whoop-whoop, keep bringing it!

thurley42

HY;FR
Way to throw stones from Ohio State's glass house that only cost the head coach, who everyone worshipped, his job. OSU, the definition of a clean program! :lol:

BTW, I didn't know there were women on the Canes football team. Maybe that explains their performance the past few years. :jet: (or have men started getting abortions too?).

Are you really going to compare Ohio State's autographs for free tattoos to the crap that went down in Miami? SeriouslY?????