The Late, Great Roger Miller

BOP

For no reason at all, except I've always liked his music. He was kind of a Ray Stevens before Ray Stevens was Ray Stevens. "My uncle used to like love me but she died!"

My all-time favorite:

Severa

Common sense ain't common
I first became familiar with Roger Miller when I bought the Walt Disney movie "Robin Hood", he wrote three songs for the movie...

"Whistle Stop"

"Oo-de-lally"

"Not In Nottingham"

Great stuff...

BOP

The Roger Miller Fan Club called. They said :nono: you're not worthy...basically, they wanted to revoke my membership. :cds:

I appealed to their better nature :bawl: so they let me off with a warning and a :spank:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I love Roger Miller and am proud to have passed that down to my kids so that his legacy may live on. :yay:

BOP

Jody Miller - Queen of the House

Betcha haven't heard this one in a coon's age. I stumbled on it a little while ago, and thought, dang...when's the last time I heard this one? Decades ago, I bet.

Hey BOP, not sure if you appreciate covers, but if so... I must share this one... go to a minute and 30 seconds in and listen...:dance:

BOP

I posted a reply, but it seems to have disappeared. Either that, or it's because I'm basically inept.

I have an appreciation for covers, when they're done well. Let's face it, most of the rock and roll we listened to growing up is covers of much earlier music...especially the blues.

Maybe it's the acoustics of the video, but it didn't grab me. Sorry. Thanks for posting it.

:buddies:

I posted a reply, but it seems to have disappeared. Either that, or it's because I'm basically inept.

I have an appreciation for covers, when they're done well. Let's face it, most of the rock and roll we listened to growing up is covers of much earlier music...especially the blues.

Maybe it's the acoustics of the video, but it didn't grab me. Sorry. Thanks for posting it.

:buddies:
It's definately the quaility of the video... I have the song on original CD and love love love it.... Then again I have an appreciation for Los Lobos so that may help too.