• Friends from the office

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Lying kids

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Drug-using construction workers

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • St. Mary's Today

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Bubba with his Science Project (Ballistics Experiment)

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • A real killer who was scared off

Votes: 18 48.6%

• Total voters

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Cletus_Vandam said:
Why does there have to be a "culprit"?

Let's look at a few of the ones on your list.

As mentioned previously, there were two confirmed witnesses, one of which was an adult. This should eliminate the notion that this was a prank. Cross the witnesses off the list.

The Sheriff??? Let's look more closely at that. Two witnesses report seeing a gun and the person with that gun headed towards a school. The sheriff calls in tactical units from three counties, State Police and several other agencies. Yeah he blew things way out of proportion... :sarcasm: Can't believe two idiots voted here.

Who's next... The BoE. I think my write for the Sheriff applies here too. Must be the same two idiots that voted for the Sheriff here also.

Friends from the office... What did they have to do with the situation?

Lying kids... Who lied?

Druggy construction workers. When you look at, these guys are going to pay the price for their habit. Possession of drugs within the limits of a school's "drug-free zone" carries a stiff penalty, I think with mandatory time.

And there you have part of "the point." There is no need for a culprit, but following the grand tradition of societies everywhere, someone will get blamed, and punished in the press if nowhere else, for the way the situation was handled. Someone else will be at least privately embarassed because of the stories manufactured and spread when truth was needed. Someone will ascribe the WHOLE THING to mishandling by the police and the school system. Human nature is to seek closure and blame somebody in the process.

In looking at this thing from this perspective, though, it is important to remember that there is possibly a REAL culprit still on the loose, reportedly a messed-up individual with a little beard and a side-slung book bag and a gun.

Last edited:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
(Kwillia said)
Based on the info I have gathered, I believe that the two witnesses fully believe they saw a guy pull a handgun from his waistband and stick it in his backpack and then head across the street towards the school. Therefore, I believe they had no choice but to report it to the authorities as was done. Therefore, the authorities had no choice but to react as they had. Tough itties for those who felt "put out" or "unduly stressed" by what happened.

(Vrai said)
I agree with Kwillia. It's kind of like what's going on now with this NSA phone records business. People are complaining, but if there were another attack they'd be saying, "Why didn't our government do something to protect us???"
So you're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Good answers, Ladies!

Last edited:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
vraiblonde said:
I agree with Kwillia. It's kind of like what's going on now with this NSA phone records business. People are complaining, but if there were another attack they'd be saying, "Why didn't our government do something to protect us???"

Valid point. But I'm not convinced that what the NSA is doing with those phone records will make us any safer. Plus, I don't trust any government with that kind of power over personal information, because politicians can't resist the temptation to abuse that power to screw their political enemies. I can easily imagine, say, a Democratic president targeting Bill O'Reilly or John Gibson.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I'm just curious if Tyler's dad kicked his butt for sending heart attack inducing false text messages.

J

JPC, Sr.

Democrats Rock!

Tonio said:
I agree. I would rather have law enforcement be overly cautious than overly lax. The sad part is, based on what we now know about Eric Harris, there was no way to prevent him from killing, either at Columbine or as an adult years later.

The Depressive and the Psychopath

http://www.slate.com/id/2099203/sidebar/2099208/
:larry: I say that St. Mary's County is asking for more trouble by building our own Columbine style schools here. The County is even now planning to build more big schools here because they need the big Institutional Columbine style schools here to handle the excessive growth coming into our area.

The Leonardtown school incident was a warning and we need to stop the growth and stop bringing those kinds of problems down here into our area.

JPC said:
:larry: I say that St. Mary's County is asking for more trouble by building our own Columbine style schools here. The County is even now planning to build more big schools here because they need the big Institutional Columbine style schools here to handle the excessive growth coming into our area.

The Leonardtown school incident was a warning and we need to stop the growth and stop bringing those kinds of problems down here into our area.
I think you should do your part and leave the county.

Pete

Repete
JPC said:

It was you wasn't it? You went to Leonardtown High School disguised as a teenager to "take care" of the exessive growth yourself, didn't you. When you were spotted and your diabolical plot was thwarted you ran. You already have an established criminal history. Yea, I bet it was you.

slotted

Pete said:
When you were spotted and your diabolical plot was thwarted you ran.
Too bad that Tonio, our forum superhero, couldn't find a phone booth to use as a changing room, or else we could have caught the villian. :lol:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
slotted said:
Too bad that Tonio, our forum superhero, couldn't find a phone booth to use as a changing room, or else we could have caught the villian. :lol:

:fixed:

slotted said:
Tonio is incontrovertible proof that there is no God. A loving, merciful supreme being would not have inflicted Tonio on the Forums.