The Masters...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Has...

...Augusta gone too far?

Last year and this the tournament has become more of a US open and the winners and top 10 seem to reflect that. I take NOTHING away from Immelman and Zack last year, but, BUT length has gone out of style in two short year. If you look at the names besides Tiger and Phil, guys who contend in Opens anyway, it's become a precision tournament and that is NOT what the Masters means to me.

It has always been risk/reward and eagles and double bogey's and momentous lead changes and high tension.

Is it just me? It just seems to be getting more of a US open style par grind, I think.

Anyway, the players can only play the course and congrats to Trevor.

Pete

Repete
...Augusta gone too far?

Last year and this the tournament has become more of a US open and the winners and top 10 seem to reflect that. I take NOTHING away from Immelman and Zack last year, but, BUT length has gone out of style in two short year. If you look at the names besides Tiger and Phil, guys who contend in Opens anyway, it's become a precision tournament and that is NOT what the Masters means to me.

It has always been risk/reward and eagles and double bogey's and momentous lead changes and high tension.

Is it just me? It just seems to be getting more of a US open style par grind, I think.

Anyway, the players can only play the course and congrats to Trevor.
I have never seen such crappy putting in my life since last time we all played. It was terrible.

Pete

Repete
Augusta's greens have always struck fear in the players hearts.

But still I counted at 10 birdie/par puts within 5 feet in the final 3 pairs missed. These guys are pro's. It's not like they are playing on the sandy greens with the burnt spots at Chesapeake Hills. They get millions of dollars to read greens and make 15 footers routinely.