The Model T: A Terrible Car Which was Terrible for Society

frequentflier

happy to be living
When I worked at the Thomas Edison Winter home and Botanical gardens, we had to roll out Tom's model T for the Edison Parade. A couple of us gardeners got a ride in it to go to the Dairy Queen for ice cream!
The driver went by my house for my camera and somewhere I have a picture of this great memory from the 80's!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
One of my college classmates has his grandfather's Model A, which is in pristine condition.

SamSpade

Dear God.

I haven't words to describe what a load of horse chit this is.
One of the responders of course, observed EXACTLY THAT - the adoption of the Model T incredibly improved the streets which were TEEMING with horse and mule chit, and as cities and industry grew - became worse every year.

To hear this, it was so horrible to ride in or so unsafe, you'd be lucky to SURVIVE a ride in one, because they apparently exploded or had some other deadly behavior. Comparisons to modern cars are ridiculous - compare them to the existing alternatives for the every day person.

The Model T wasn't just immensely popular in America - it became a global hit.

For the first time I can ascertain, a man became immensely wealthy because he figured out how to bring a heretofore extremely expensive thing and make it cheap enough for everyone to own - everything from barebones auto to assembly lines and buying on credit.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
To hear this, it was so horrible to ride in or so unsafe, you'd be lucky to SURVIVE a ride in one, because they apparently exploded or had some other deadly behavior. Comparisons to modern cars are ridiculous - compare them to the existing alternatives for the every day person.

Or judging past ' actions ' based on today's mores