• JPC

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
bcp said:
Baltimore will always be a toilet.
The people that are worth anything move out, the ones that stay have no desire to improve their situation.
The resulting tax base from the citizens actually becomes less than the expense of paying their way through life. The way I see it is that as long as Baltimore stays as it is, it will work like a magnet to keep those non workers out of the good communities in the rest of the state.

as far as the democrats and what they have done to Maryland, I think its too late to turn the tide on the destruction, I really dont see how it could get any worse. But then we take Ehrlichs push for the Inter County Connector and look to see what it is really going to do, and we do have a problem.

You think the area around DC is traffic packed now? just wait till the ICC opens up access to all of the currently un-developed areas and we add a few more million cars to the equation. The ICC will not take up the resulting growth. It may work for a year or two, but before long it will just be another parking lot just like the beltway, 50 and 95 are now.

The way I see it, because of the GA Maryland will continue the downward spiral that it has been on for the last 40 years, adding a republican to the mix only brings full cycle the destruction that is taking place.

Now if we could replace the whole GA with republicans, then we might have a chance at correcting some of the states problems.
Don't have to replace them all, just obtain a majority in both houses. But that will be a challenge as the Republicans only have 14 Senators out of 47 and 43 Delegates out of 141.

bcp

In My Opinion
Getting rid of Bush (mike) would be a great start and do wonders for the state.

I wonder, if the rest of the GA were to see their fearless leader voted out due to the politics of the state, would they be smart enough to realize that we have all had enough and begin working to fill the hole instead of digging deeper?

Mikeinsmd

bcp said:
Baltimore will always be a toilet. The people that are worth anything move out, the ones that stay have no desire to improve their situation.

The resulting tax base from the citizens actually becomes less than the expense of paying their way through life. The way I see it is that as long as Baltimore stays as it is, it will work like a magnet to keep those non workers out of the good communities in the rest of the state.

as far as the democrats and what they have done to Maryland, I think its too late to turn the tide on the destruction, I really dont see how it could get any worse.
I'd like to hear some of our board democrats solution to this. :popcorn:

Same for New Jersy since dems ruined that state too.

bcp

In My Opinion
Mikeinsmd said:
I'd like to hear some of our board democrats solution to this. :popcorn:

Same for New Jersy since dems ruined that state too.

Find a city or state that the dems are in control of that has not been ruined.

willie

bcp said:
Getting rid of Bush (mike) would be a great start and do wonders for the state.

I wonder, if the rest of the GA were to see their fearless leader voted out due to the politics of the state, would they be smart enough to realize that we have all had enough and begin working to fill the hole instead of digging deeper?
Michael Busch is a prime example of Democrat obstructionism. His only accomplishment has been to thwart everything Ehrlich has attempted. He cares not that the people of Maryland wanted Ehrlich.

What is Mike Millers stance on slots? Maybe I should say, what is Millers stance today? Does he have any consistency? Busch is anti Ehrlich and makes no bones about it but Miller is one devious lawyer.

willie

bcp said:
Find a city or state that the dems are in control of that has not been ruined.
I've heard a lot of explanations why Massachusetts elects a Republican Governor but there is really no explanation for what is wrong with the people of Massachusetts. They ask for what they cry about.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
willie said:
Michael Busch is a prime example of Democrat obstructionism. His only accomplishment has been to thwart everything Ehrlich has attempted.
Well, Busch was born in Baltimore... so maybe that is his model for the whole state. :yikes:

bcp

In My Opinion
hvp05 said:
Well, Busch was born in Baltimore... so maybe that is his model for the whole state. :yikes:

With luck, Busch will be gone soon enough and maybe he can go back to Baltimore and suck off of the taxpayer like the majority of those in that "city" do.

I used to take my boat into the harbor and park in front of the Hard Rock Cafe, go to the aquarium, then eat luch at the hard rock and head on home.

after a couple years of fighting the garbage floats getting through the harbor I decided that it just was not worth the trouble to visit there anymore.
vraiblonde is right, Baltimore is a pigsty and an embarrassment to the state.
(more of an embarrassment than my spelling is)

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
bcp said:
vraiblonde is right, Baltimore is a pigsty and an embarrassment to the state.
(more of an embarrassment than my spelling is)
I have not seen your spelling making headlines, so it can't be that bad.

One of my friends was telling me yesterday how he would like to explore Baltimore. This only a few weeks after encountering some "street thugs" (as he described them) during a photo expedition.

Baltimore's founding duty was a grungy seaport. And so it remains today. Recent "beautification" efforts can not change its roots.

rraley

willie said:
What is Mike Millers stance on slots? Maybe I should say, what is Millers stance today? Does he have any consistency? Busch is anti Ehrlich and makes no bones about it but Miller is one devious lawyer.

Miller is very pro-slots and very conservative for a Maryland Democrat. He supports Ehrlich position down the line on slots.

O'Malley is going to win this election, by 4-8 points.

And stop knocking, Baltimore...I love the city, its much better than most Northeastern and Midwestern cities, and it has made great strides in the past decade.