The Obama disaster...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
http://www.reuters.com/article/topN...?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&rpc=22&sp=true

McCain now has a 9-point edge, 49 percent to 40 percent, over Obama on the critical question of who would be the best manager of the economy -- an issue nearly half of voters said was their top concern in the November 4 presidential election.

Obama's support among Democrats fell 9 percentage points this month to 74 percent, while McCain has the backing of 81 percent of Republicans. Support for Obama, an Illinois senator, fell 12 percentage points among liberals, with 10 percent of liberals still undecided compared to 9 percent of conservatives.

We are witnessing an epic disaster for the Democratic party and it's difficult to see how Obama can recover. The Dems built a system, the super delegate system, designed to prevent the repeat of just this sort of thing, the McGovern disaster of 1972 where a candidate wildly favored by the young and the left of the party beats the establishment choice in the primary, and they don't seem compelled to use it. They're going along for the ride.

This is, again, fascinating.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ohmygod...

I'm actually starting to feel bad for Barrack;

Carter, Kerry, Gore in DNC lineup : DNC - Speakers & Official Events : The Rocky Mountain News

Jimmy Carter, John Kerry and Chicago Mayor Richard Daley will be among the speakers at next week's Democratic National Convention, organizers announced Tuesday.

:jameo:

Wait. It gets worse, much worse;

Former Vice President Al Gore also is scheduled to speak at Invesco Field at Mile High on the night Sen. Barack Obama accepts his party's nomination, according to published reports.

OHMYGOD!!!! :lmao:

Throw in the Clinton Show and how the hell does the nominee even star at his own coronation???

Holy hell!!!

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican

Pete

Repete
I'm actually starting to feel bad for Barrack;

Carter, Kerry, Gore in DNC lineup : DNC - Speakers & Official Events : The Rocky Mountain News

:jameo:

Wait. It gets worse, much worse;

OHMYGOD!!!! :lmao:

Throw in the Clinton Show and how the hell does the nominee even star at his own coronation???

Holy hell!!!

Carter, Kerry and Gore! How better to whip a crowd into a frenzy of enthusiasm than to parade out the 3 biggest losers in modern democrat history to frame their chosen one! I predict a mass suicide in Denver, opening veins, hurling themselves off buildings. :bawl:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Christ, couldn't they get a winner anywhere? Lieberman is the only winner they got and they've marginalized him over to the other side.

...excommunicated is more like it.

I've never seen anything like this in my life;

Carter, Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Clinton, I'm serious, it's like the hot new band is having their big show and they got the Stones, the Beatles, Guns and Roses and Bruce Springsteen to open for them. There's no air left. No pop. How do you follow that???

How in the hell did they let this happen? Again?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
*lol*

Carter, Kerry and Gore! How better to whip a crowd into a frenzy of enthusiasm than to parade out the 3 biggest losers in modern democrat history to frame their chosen one! I predict a mass suicide in Denver, opening veins, hurling themselves off buildings. :bawl:

:lmao:

...getting free haircuts...

:killingme

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, before you guys get too carried away, keep in mind that this convention isn't for *you*. It's for Democrats, and they love their Al Gore, Jimmy Carter and John Kerry. Conspicuously missing is Bill Clinton, who would really bring down the house - he should be introducing Obama as his heir apparent, but Hillary probably put her foot down about that.

And Obama is a big enough star that he can still command an audience, even with those pedantic windbags vying for center stage. If I were Obama's organizer, I'd have left Al Bore off that list, but remember that he is HUGE with the Hollyweird set, who gave him an Oscar for a movie most people never watched, and an Emmy for a TV show that never aired.

D

Dixie

Well, before you guys get too carried away, keep in mind that this convention isn't for *you*. It's for Democrats, and they love their Al Gore, Jimmy Carter and John Kerry. Conspicuously missing is Bill Clinton, who would really bring down the house - he should be introducing Obama as his heir apparent, but Hillary probably put her foot down about that.

And Obama is a big enough star that he can still command an audience, even with those pedantic windbags vying for center stage. If I were Obama's organizer, I'd have left Al Bore off that list, but remember that he is HUGE with the Hollyweird set, who gave him an Oscar for a movie most people never watched, and an Emmy for a TV show that never aired.

Republican National Convention 2008 - September 1-4, 2008

I don't know guys this link makes it sounds like the crowning of King John to me. Only person missing is Karl Rove.

drmatsci

That still cracks me up that he has Joe Lieberman opening for him. :lol:

See, Democrats? That's what you get when you throw your sane people to the wolves.

So all those speakers - can we cross them off the list for VP? Or will they just not give that speech, and give an acceptance instead? :confused:

Except, Lieberman could be VP - and that would piss off the republican base.

So while you priase liberman many of the die hard righties wouldn't then vote for Mccain.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So while you priase liberman many of the die hard righties wouldn't then vote for Mccain.

Republicans aren't Democrats - they're more willing to accept another party and don't just march in lockstep like Hitler Youth.

I couldn't care less about Lieberman, but you'd be surprised how many righties think he's the bomb. The way he shoved it right in the Democrats' face and won his election anyway was a total hoot. :lol:

If Lieberman is McCain's VP, it's game, set, match. President McCain.

drmatsci

Republicans aren't Democrats - they're more willing to accept another party and don't just march in lockstep like Hitler Youth.

I couldn't care less about Lieberman, but you'd be surprised how many righties think he's the bomb. The way he shoved it right in the Democrats' face and won his election anyway was a total hoot. :lol:

If Lieberman is McCain's VP, it's game, set, match. President McCain.

Actually, when it comes to party politics, they are almost the same.
I know plenty of republicans that straight ticket vote, that won't even discuss issues because they have to be on the republican side.

You really think republican base would accept hillary as VP any more than Democrat base accept a republican vp? I don't think so. Liberman might be an eccpetion but he will create big pro-life stirrings.

Still, if you think both parties don't cheat, lie and just want power, you haven't watched them long enough. Both candidates adds are full of either outright lies or deceptions.

ylexot

Super Genius
Except, Lieberman could be VP - and that would piss off the republican base.

Many of the die hard righties won't vote for McCain no matter who he picks :howdy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Still, if you think both parties don't cheat, lie and just want power, you haven't watched them long enough. Both candidates adds are full of either outright lies or deceptions.

Are you just free-associating now? I don't recall ever having said anything of the sort.

wintersprings

"I predict a mass suicide in Denver, opening veins, hurling themselves off buildings. "

will the Denver police need some body bags? You know the ones we didn't have to use in Iraq? The war we won before the Dems could cut and run?